Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Show me some pics of these on a CRZ, please! I don't like the color of the DRL lights but worried these won't be very yellow as DRLs.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Funny this came up, I just installed the "arctic white" version of these bulbs as my DRL's - absolutely no difference from stock. Disappointing.

I've had this hyper yellow bulb in for my fogs though, and they aren't quite as yellow as HID's but they do the trick. Might be upgrading to HID's soon regardless.

The DRL's are the Arctic White Nokya 9005's in hi-beam mode, and i've covered up the right side HID with a cloth. The Fogs are the Nokya H11 hyper yellow. It's not really that blue in real life.

Theres' a close up of the headlight, so you can see some difference in color between the halogen bulb and the stock HID. Sorry for how dirty the headlight is!

There's a closeup of the fog. Again, sorry for the dirt

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
more like Hyper Orange

i installed the Hyper whites for DRL too and noticed no difference for DRL but brighter for High Beam.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do agree that the halogen lights that claim to be "White" are not really white at all. These lights are a great alternative to those who can't yet afford HIDs so they do the job for what they are :thumbsup:

Combine them with our Yellow Fog Light Vinyl Film and you've got a good combination!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Are the 2,500k lights better on a functional aspect than 3,000k? Want yellow, but actually want it to be the proper color to light the ground correctly.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Nokyas that we have available are a deeper yellow than the stock halogen bulbs so it should be more pronounced on the road surface.

Although the Nokyas are not as YELLOW YELLOW, like an HID 3000k yellow, it still does the trick to get close to that color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts