Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed yesterday on the highway that I get very loud whine over 84mph... Anyone else experience this. No modifications have been done and it is extremely loud... Very weird... Any thoughts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
84? Please be careful. Hopefully we are talking about a controlled track environment? Or at least out in the middle of nowhere where the speed limit is 75.

Windows seal. I have noticed the glass is pretty thin. Role one down a quarter of the way, put your hand on it and it gives pretty easy. Max speed around here is 60. Don't think I'll be testing it. Unless, where was that radar thread? (kidding)

R/Scott

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
84? Please be careful. Hopefully we are talking about a controlled track environment? Or at least out in the middle of nowhere where the speed limit is 75.

Windows seal. I have noticed the glass is pretty thin. Role one down a quarter of the way, put your hand on it and it gives pretty easy. Max speed around here is 60. Don't think I'll be testing it. Unless, where was that radar thread? (kidding)

R/Scott
lol, where I live if you're not going 80, which is the flow of traffic, you'll get crushed in the CR-Z.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I notice too a whistle sound at 165-170 kph. I stopped, accelerate again and the same. i did this 3 times in a row with the same result. But after 3 days while i was cruising on high way, at 170 it sound again for a couple seconds and after it stopped. i went at 200 kph and i didnt hear it again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More than likely it is the water channels around the windshield. Going to put something in the groove and see if it stops. Also 84... On a track is slow... 84 on the highway is slow... 84 on a controlled track... Really come on...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
More than likely it is the water channels around the windshield. Going to put something in the groove and see if it stops. Also 84... On a track is slow... 84 on the highway is slow... 84 on a controlled track... Really come on...

I agree, and please let us know what you find out with the groove filling. Thanks a lot. I'd like to fix this w/o a dealer touching my car.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
checked again over weekend and didnt hear it this time:blush:
It is intermittant, which is hard to diagnose. I'll hear it ~45-55% of the time. I just hope it's nothing that'll cause a wheel to fall off. lol

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

Yeah, I get ya. Where I am at, 60mph is it. Going 70-75 and your passing most. 80+ and your going to be weaving in and out. I see people doing that here and maybe think "idiot". But I understand in other areas 84 might be the norm. If I wanted to take it over 20+ above the limit here, would drive the 20 minutes to our local track. My 2cents.

R/Scott

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does the noise disappear after exceeding 84? In other words, do you suspect the noise to be the result of ~84mph being some sort of harmonic frequency? My wheels whistle very loudly exactly at 65mph but no other speeds. Is it possible for you to record the noise it safely?

disclaimer: this post does not condone street racing, speeding or any other unlawful behavior. The poster and transmission entities assume no responsibility for damage, personal and property, resulting from information used in this post. Ensure you obey all local ordinance, State and Federal Laws.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.