Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Yeah sorry I didn't take a picture. I'll see if I can get one without removing the bumper again.

Basically there is a nearby one inch hole in the bumper frame that can be used with the supplied bolt and hanger. The bolt edge can be hooked onto it, but it might work tons better with a half washer or maybe even a 3/4" full washer. Might have to experiment a bit with it. I just had a piece of spare aluminum sheet that I wedged next to the bolt.

eBay link on the blog is where I ordered the reflector. Or search for "cr-z reflector" on eBay.

Good luck

-Hoi
Thanks Hoi!

Ok finally the rain letup and the exhaust and diffuser are installed (without the red reflectors as they have not arrived yet).

Sorry, tired of double posting, so rest of pix and comments about install are on blog. :)

There was an issue that the JDM and USDM rear bumper mounts are completely different, so prepare for alternative for bumper hanger install and review full install before starting.

http://crz.pavedearth.com - install comments and pix

enjoy!

-H
Man, that is on my wish list. By the way love your rims and tires as well. I noticed that you have a red brake caliper on the rear. Did you paint the OEM red or is that aftermarket caliper?

looks awesome!!!

i couldnt understand from your blog post but did you have to modify or remove the stock rebar to get those new exhaust mounts on and fit the bumper? or you simply took the styrofoam off?

It's still an axle-back that cost more then the header and full dual cat-back on my Accord. I'm considering buying the diffuser and having an exhaust made to fit it. It looks sweet, but not THAT sweet. Even the diffuser cost as much as a cf hood.

WOW, that looks awesome!

Discussion starter · #32 ·
looks awesome!!!

i couldnt understand from your blog post but did you have to modify or remove the stock rebar to get those new exhaust mounts on and fit the bumper? or you simply took the styrofoam off?
Didn't remove any OEM parts. Just made use of a nearby exhausting hole.

Painted rear OEM caliper red to match future upgrade of front brakes.

-Hoi

Hoi,

Thanks for the awesome pictures and the even better write up! Since you are the first one to actually get this all together and put on your car, I'm sure it's going to be a huge help in the future for the community.

Definitely happy to be part of this project!

- Jason

wow, that really looks great... the CR-Z DEFINITELY should've come like that from the factory!! and IMO, it looks good w/o the red reflectors...
100%% agree. Should be a factory OEM option...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.