Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can call me a *******, ricer, dork, whatever lol.

I had an itch to tinker, and my muffler scratched it.

12 lbs lighter (in the wrong end lol), and 15 min later, my CRZ sounds pretty nice. For not having a muffler, it's not raspy, and it sounds smooth.

Honestly, there are ricers running around with cheap coffee can mufflers that are louder than m CRZ

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
in all honesty... i drove around with my Si w/o the muffler and i have to say there isn't ONE exhaust on the market that sounded as good as that sounded... :vtec: popped so nice and when i drove under a bridge or in a tunnel i would go to the higher rpms and it literally sounded like a mini F1 car...

the drone inside the car was a tiny bit louder above 4k but that's b/c the sound was basically hitting under the car and not behind the car...

i'd double check where the exhaust is going to b/c on my Si i melted a plastic cover that was on my rear control arm haha... i'd love to hear the CR-Z w/o a muffler... i bet it sounds really good...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so under full bore, with engine under load, it is loud(er). I mean, it doesn't have a muffler. But, I still think its not that relatively loud.

Vids coming soon

Oh, and the exhaust is basically pointing at the ground. There is nothing to impede it, and it is angled down slightly

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, the MR2 vid was boring lol. Its just a "small" comparison.

And no, the launch wasn't in second gear. It topped out in second.

Youtube videos are being uploaded, and will replace the other ones momentarily.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, that link was helpful. I just wish I knew how to rotate the videos. I think I have to do it raw.

Had I known they would have come out like that when they were uploaded, then I would have turned the phone sdeways!:pat:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.