Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many crz owners are running around without their engine cover / splash shield?
after it gets damaged it seams to become a water scoop. Leading of course to further damage. If I leave it off will it weaken the rest of the undercovers-wheel wells etc?

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
How many crz owners are running around without their engine cover / splash shield?
after it gets damaged it seams to become a water scoop. Leading of course to further damage. If I leave it off will it weaken the rest of the undercovers-wheel wells etc?
Mine are all intact, but if they weren't, I'd replace them if they were too far gone/destroyed. Can you take a pic? You might be able to just patch a part of a panel with some plastic/rubber sheets, riveted to support the broken parts.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
I don't know if all of the big center covers are like this, but mine has a rectangular hole in it that is about 2 inches by 4 inches. It doesn't look factory. I have seen the covers listed on different webpages and it seems like it was pretty reasonable for a new cover.
Honda Parts Now wants $58 for the shield. Parts Geek wants $11 for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have lost 2 due to rocks other things in the road busting them up. Definitely need a more sturdy permanent solution, currently running without one.

·
Registered
2011, S, 6MT
4 Posts
All mine are off, sat in the garage. Waiting on the weather to improve before fitting them again/possibly dropping the subframe to fit a rigid collar kit so don't want to fit them to take them back off.

I'll get the arch liners back in and if i can muster the energy i might make a custom stainless underpanel as i can't justify laile/beatrush's price for one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts