Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
887 Posts
Yeah.. as others have basically said, it's got to start somewhere. I hope they sell a lot of these. Then the manufactures will put more money into it, the government will take it more seriously, the infrastructure will appear. It could happen really quickly if there was reason for it.
I guess they have to make it ugly so people notice it.. Like first gen hybrids.

Now the GM volt.. I really really want that to fail.. What are they thinking?!?! Put a gas engine in that baby.. WTF.. People buying electric don't want gas!!

About using "gay" as slang.. I must admit, I used to do that.. (bout 10 years ago) when I was a gamer.. It's just common gaming trash talk.. One time I was getting my hair cut and used the phrase, and while I don't think anyone even gave it a 2nd thought, I realized it could offend some people.
So heh, a stereotype of assuming some of the guys at the salon must be gay, made me change my ways.

· Registered
159 Posts
All this electric car talk got me checking out the Tesla site. The type S which is coming out about a year from now has quite a bit going for it: 300 mile range, 0-60 in 5.6 secs, full-sized car, and very attractive styling inside and out. But, it would be about $50K even after the rebate. Still ... might be something I'll consider a year or so from now.

There's no hybrid or all-gas I'd want besides the CR-Z, and no electric besides the Tesla I'd even consider (with what's being shown now).

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Along with the Prius the Leaf goes 0-ugly in less then 1 second. Could you imagine having to drive one for 10 years? Yuck.... Think of the ugliest chick you ever took home from a bar... Then imagine having to put a ring on it.... That's a Prius/Leaf owner. :pP:
QFT lmfao :rotfl:

best comment of the thread award :cheer:
Think of it this way. Imagine that your CRZ had a 2.5 gallon gas tank and that refilling it took 8 hours. If you were real careful, you could go 100 miles (or maybe evn a bit more for you hypermilers). Would you be ready to push for those last 10 or 20 miles before you were completely empty with no such thing as a gas can?
i'm sure the #1 mod for this car would be adding solar panels to it so it self-charges... they would have to be some really efficient solar panels to keep up with the amount that's being drained... but i suppose while most ppl sit in traffic or park at work the car would be charging... in Florida at least :wavey:
I am glad someone found the humor and irony in that:hi5::thumbsup:!
your humor is all over this forum... i for one really enjoy it hahaha...
This forum doesn't tolerate gay/lesbian/bi/tranny/etc. bashing.

I'm aware that that's the lingo w/ kids these days, but let's not bring it here.

I'm not gay, I just hate seeing shit like this. I have several gay friends, my sister is lesbian and it really hurts to hear this kinda crap around them, so maybe cut it out in real life, too.

I think we have a long way to go before the infrastructure is here for all electric cars.
:yeahthat:

on the other hand, he could've meant he was "happy" to see it? :wink:

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
All this electric car talk got me checking out the Tesla site. The type S which is coming out about a year from now has quite a bit going for it: 300 mile range, 0-60 in 5.6 secs, full-sized car, and very attractive styling inside and out. But, it would be about $50K even after the rebate. Still ... might be something I'll consider a year or so from now.

There's no hybrid or all-gas I'd want besides the CR-Z, and no electric besides the Tesla I'd even consider (with what's being shown now).
Tesla will definitely be on my list... but not for a dd...

· Premium Member
3,097 Posts
It could happen really quickly if there was reason for it.
Ah............... no. Trust me on this from someone who is in this field. Building a power plant is not like building a house. First there has to be an overwhelming demand. Second, there has to be money for it. Third and the one that puts the brakes on it the most is the government bureaucracy and the environmentalists and finding supporters of financial backing and back bone to deal with it and to grease lobbyist. Fourth location. Then once that is done it takes 3- 4 years to build it and that is a rush job. Right now there is no money in building power plants and with the uncertainty with Cap and Trade why would anybody invest on doing so?

· Premium Member
3,097 Posts
I really wish electric cars would become main stream. Shoot, max torque off of 0 RPM?! How cool would that be? The technology nor the infrastructure is not there ....... yet.

Then if I could plug in at work the would be REALLY sweet!

· Registered
159 Posts
Multi-quoting you twice would look like this in the compose window, but you would remove the "s just inside the brackets, front and back.

["QUOTE=VTEC Mini;19178]Thanks man:hi5:! I have to find out how to do that multi quote thing. :blush:[/QUOTE"]

["QUOTE=VTEC Mini;19178]Second VTEC quote ... [/QUOTE"]

· Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Multi-quoting you twice would look like this in the compose window, but you would remove the "s just inside the brackets, front and back.

["QUOTE=VTEC Mini;19178]Thanks man:hi5:! I have to find out how to do that multi quote thing. :blush:[/QUOTE"]

Eeerrrr..... huh? Thanks so much for trying to help me:hi5:. Ok and how about adding multiple people? Is it the same?

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Thanks man:hi5:! I have to find out how to do that multi quote thing. :blush:
to the right of the "quote" button there is a little "+ button... you select each post you want to comment on then on the last one just hit the regular "quote" button...

Eeerrrr..... huh? Thanks so much for trying to help me:hi5:. Ok and how about adding multiple people? Is it the same?
he was showing what it will look like when you're responding... the space between each quote allows for you to respond between each one otherwise you will skip the first quote like i just did on this reply...

· Premium Member
3,097 Posts
to the right of the "quote" button there is a little "+ button... you select each post you want to comment on then on the last one just hit the regular "quote" button...

he was showing what it will look like when you're responding... the space between each quote allows for you to respond between each one otherwise you will skip the first quote like i just did on this reply...
Thanks Bizzy!

· Registered
85 Posts
I took a drive in a LEAF last week at a drive even they had down here in San Diego. We went on a 20 minute presentation tour before we got to drive. It was somewhat interesting, nothing we didn't already know, but it was really informative for "normal" people... Here is a video I took (and edited! thanks iMovie) on my iphone. It's almost 10 minutes of presentation, but the last few minutes are from the actual drive

edit: I don't know if they video is showing up for you guys, but I can't see it from my browser, so here is a link: Nissan LEAF tour

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Great video! Battery charging and and battery technology need to advance a LOT before I would consider one. To me it is too impractical fro my needs.
I agree with this 100%.

· Registered
85 Posts
That makes sense. A pure electric car will have full power transmitted from the motor to the wheels almost instantly. If you compare performance stats for electric vs gas powered vehicles, the electric car almost always wins the 0-60 challenge.

sparrow

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
just read this on Autoblog from SEMA... doesn't sound like ANYTHING the CR-Z has to worry about...

Autoblog said:
Speculation surrounding the on-road abilities, battery size, curb weight and other trivial aspects of the 2011 Nissan Leaf should dwindle down soon now that Nissan of Europe has officially released a complete spec sheet for its battery-powered vehicle. Rather than linger on discussing info contained within the automaker's absurdly long press release, we'll move straight to the numbers.

* Battery capacity: Yep, it's still listed at 24 kWh.
* Curb weight: A rather svelte 3,366 pounds dispels rumors suggesting that Leaf would tip the scales at 3,500 to 3,900 pounds.
* Max. engine power: 107 horsepower available from 2,730 to 9,800 rpm (max. rpm listed at 10,390)
* Max. torque: 206.5 pound-feet available from 0-2,730 rpm
* Acceleration run from 0-62 miles per hour: 11.9* seconds
* Top speed: 89* miles per hour

Obviously, those asterisks found on the last two specs require a bit of explaining. Nissan's official wording reads like this:

*- Data is subject to certification by the relevant authorities and may therefore be subject to change.

But, as we've reported before, Nissan's official numbers for both the 0-60 mph run and the Leaf's top speed have been bested on many a test drive. There's a slew of additional specs, including stuff like the Leaf's turning circle, its coefficient of drag and much more to be found in Nissan's full spec sheet posted at the bottom of the automaker's lengthy release, which you'll find after the jump.

· Registered
79 Posts
I wonder how the volt will stack up... after seeing one in SEMA looks REALLY good in person. Which btw, reminds me... went to visit honda. Lots of nice CR-Zs there... I'll post the pics up later on. DIfferent thread of course.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.