Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Along with the Prius the Leaf goes 0-ugly in less then 1 second. Could you imagine having to drive one for 10 years? Yuck.... Think of the ugliest chick you ever took home from a bar... Then imagine having to put a ring on it.... That's a Prius/Leaf owner. :pP:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes, electric cars offer instant torque and very fast off the line acceleration. This is a good thing!

But, as has been pointed out, this hard acceleration takes its toll on range. Driving an electric hard, or uphill, severly reduces range.

Think of it this way. Imagine that your CRZ had a 2.5 gallon gas tank and that refilling it took 8 hours. If you were real careful, you could go 100 miles (or maybe evn a bit more for you hypermilers). Would you be ready to push for those last 10 or 20 miles before you were completely empty with no such thing as a gas can?

An all electric car could excite me when battery technology advances. Right now the leaf is lugging around 660 pounds of batteries to provide that, almost 100 mile range. For me, I would want to see 300 pounds of batteries supplying a 300 mile range. In other words I want 6 to 10 times more efficiency from the batteries than we have today.

·
Registered
239 Posts
IF we actually went to a full electric grid, we would change the output of a charging station to be more of along the lines of a 40 amp/240 v. If possible, it could be higher at charging stations where you could charge it up for a cost in under 30 mins. I remember reading a big article on it a few years back on a evo mag that was talking with high end electric proto manufacturers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A) I hope you're not an adult and B) If you are, I hope this isn't the kind of thing you'd pass down to your kid. C) Slightly offended since I am gay and would not drive this car lol.

On a side note, I don't get the need to bash other electric or hybrid cars. Personally, not the look for me, but I think it's amazing that you can get to and from work without using a single ounce of gas.

Excited for what the future holds for these kinds of cars. So much so, we're looking at investing into some solar panels for the house.

·
Registered
169 Posts
On a side note, I don't get the need to bash other electric or hybrid cars. Personally, not the look for me, but I think it's amazing that you can get to and from work without using a single ounce of gas.
I agree - if I could afford to own and run a Tesla Roadster, I'd have one right now, a 200 mile limit I could deal with. But the 100 mile limit on the Leaf is FAR too limiting. Especially as you have the possibility of being stuck somewhere, as I'm guessing you can't just plug it into a wall socket to charge it up?

I think people buying all electric cars like the Leaf, the Tesla, and hybrids like the Prius, the HSD Auris, the Insight and the CR-Z.. and others is a good message to the manufacturers that people will buy these cars if they are practical and fun.

Once battery technology, electric motor technology and the necessary infrastructure advances to the stage where you will very rarely be stranded then all electric cars will become the norm.. but until then I think Hybrids will be more popular.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This forum doesn't tolerate gay/lesbian/bi/tranny/etc. bashing.

I'm aware that that's the lingo w/ kids these days, but let's not bring it here.

I'm not gay, I just hate seeing shit like this. I have several gay friends, my sister is lesbian and it really hurts to hear this kinda crap around them, so maybe cut it out in real life, too.

I think we have a long way to go before the infrastructure is here for all electric cars.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.