159 Posts
have you a pic where to put the temp probe please
cheers
The answers you seek are in this post:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello @PeterPerkins,
I have seen your video on YouTube about how to build a basic grid charger and I'm about to do that.
I'm just not sure if I can use the same LED supply, since I have a Honda Civic Hybrid 2009 (I'm from the UK)
Your description says 2x Meanwell APC-35-350 (10OV 350ma CC) led power supplies - Are they good for me too?
Many thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
My garage is 90F outside is actually cooler at 88F. and the exhaust from the battery vent is about 98F. I assume this is OK as the car lives with an interior temperature of 120-130F every single day from April to October as I cant afford to park it inside when I go to work. I am seeing about a 10 degree temperature increase in air exhausted. Pack it's self is at ambient temperature. Interior of the car today never exceeded 95F as I had all windows open and hatch open as well as two large fans blowing air through it.

People are noting it needs to be kept cool. Short of renting an airconditioned garage and driving the car into it, It's impossible to keep the car cool here. so how cool does the car and battery have to be kept?

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
My theory is all the glass is what causes the high temperatures in the car, and anything you can do to prevent that heat gain will help. The 2 products below others in the forum have mentioned. The sun shade I have had in many vehicles over the years, and it does lower the heat gain when parked. It is also easy to use, so it will be used more often.

To keep a car a little cooler when parked, you may want to consider a sun shade(I use this one The Original Retractable Shade™) and I am not sure if these other shades would help for all the other glass (Honda CR-Z ZF1 – Groovy Shades At least they are easily removable for times when you drive at night, which IMO is better than tint.

281 - 290 of 290 Posts