Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Hi Peter, I finally got around to soldering wires together and am running 2 of the following LED drivers in parallel. I wanted to test it first so I hooked it up to a multimeter and it appears that it’s pushing out only roughly 82-85 volts constant and unloaded. Does this sound right or maybe these drivers are low quality and aren’t within their specified specs? Would I even be able to refresh my battery using these drivers if the voltage output is that low?
Finger Audio equipment Gadget Electronic engineering Electronic component

· Registered
10 Posts
I'm assuming you only have the AC inputs connected in parallel..

The DC outputs have to be in series.

Post a picture of your connections and units working and the voltmeter readings.
Sorry about that, the AC are wired in parallel and the DC is wired in series (positive wire from one driver connected to negative wire from the other drive, and the 2 remaining power/negative wires going to the multimeter). I actually just reread the Amazon add and it said “output DC voltage can only be measured under load,” so maybe I just need to hook it up to the IMA and see what it does?

· Registered
10 Posts
Wow I just realized I screwed up… I’m connect the DC positive and negative together on one driver… I thought it was soldered in series. Sorry Peter, I should’ve double-checked my work. Hopefully I didn’t fry the driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts