Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my cr-z for the first time at night on Monday. My issue is that the lights seems low on the road out in front. It doesn't seem to go high than the car. I can see long distances but only ground to mid windshield height. Is that normal or do they need to be adjusted.

Big Hurt

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is normal, I think. The low beams are set so that they don't shine into the back window of a car in front. Particularly with HIDs this can be a big problem for the other driver. Also, the driver side should be aimed lower than the near-side (so you can see the side of the road, and not blind oncoming traffic).

Main beams are (on mine) much wider in their spread.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Adjusting the beam pattern is easy except for the freezing weather at night. I adjusted mine using a Ford Escape as the lab rat to shine against. Beam butoff hits the top of the rear bumper which shouldn't go into the cabin on anything except slammed to the ground cars. In that case I don't feel sorry for the driver anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.