Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ive been considering a CR-Z to replace my current Celica due to tighter restrictions on CO2 from my local council. Are there any 'special editions' CR-Z's available in the UK? And whats the any general advice?

Much appreciated. Thanks :smile2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure about special editions, but in Europe you all got Yellow CR-Zs. They look pretty awesome, and I wish Honda offered that color in America.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't even know the sunroof was available - thanks for the heads up.

Ok looks like i'll be going for the GT spec, and rare options I should look out for? I'll be keeping the car for quite a while :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
4,556 Posts
I didn't even know the sunroof was available - thanks for the heads up.

Ok looks like i'll be going for the GT spec, and rare options I should look out for? I'll be keeping the car for quite a while :smile2:
As CR-Zs at the best of times are limited production and have now been discontinued, if you really want one you have to buy what you can find where you are. Don't get too specific or you will be disappointed.:|

PS it is a glass roof it does not open. There was a huge discussion on here about that option. There was a potential member who said that he had to have an open able roof and he was comparing the CR-Z to much moire expensive vehicles. He was negative about the vehicle because of what he thought it should have and what it actually had.

I reiterate if you want one, buy what is available don't get set on anything too specific.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As CR-Zs at the best of times are limited production and have now been discontinued, if you really want one you have to buy what you can find where you are. Don't get too specific or you will be disappointed.:|

PS it is a glass roof it does not open. There was a huge discussion on here about that option. There was a potential member who said that he had to have an open able roof and he was comparing the CR-Z to much moire expensive vehicles. He was negative about the vehicle because of what he thought it should have and what it actually had.

I reiterate if you want one, buy what is available don't get set on anything too specific.
Ah ok no worries then. Im only enquiring as that happened to me when I bought my Celica - shortly after buying my one, I found out that there was a limited edition model that was 'pre-modded' with factory bodykit and lowering springs. If I had known that beforehand, I would have spent a bit more and got that one.

Thanks for your advice though, will do a bit more research on whats available.

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,781 Posts
Ah ok no worries then. Im only enquiring as that happened to me when I bought my Celica - shortly after buying my one, I found out that there was a limited edition model that was 'pre-modded' with factory bodykit and lowering springs. If I had known that beforehand, I would have spent a bit more and got that one.

Thanks for your advice though, will do a bit more research on whats available.
CR-Z's also came in a Mugen kit version. Mostly cosmetic such as a body kit and wheels. There's a UK Facebook page CR-Z group and I thought I saw a black one for sale with the Mugen kit. There's probably only 5% or less Mugen kitted CR-Z.

Good luck with the search!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just sold a 2006 celica gt and bought a crz gt..couldn't comment on the non gt version but I'm happy to have paid the extra monies. I'm also happy with the £20 rd tax compared to the £275 i was paying!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just sold a 2006 celica gt and bought a crz gt..couldn't comment on the non gt version but I'm happy to have paid the extra monies. I'm also happy with the £20 rd tax compared to the £275 i was paying!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You sold your Celica GT :surprise: Was your Celi a red one? I may have seen in on AT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts