Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to have them on my Civic, but I took them off last winter, got them refurbished and stored them until I decided to put them on the CRZ.

I actually bought them off ebay, they were pretty much new and cost about £600 with the tyres included. Seems like a bargain now for official Honda alloys when you consider the price of the CRZ wheels.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
looks nice. did you lower the car at all?
also did the mpg go down with 18s?
I am thinking of ordering 18s for my car.
mileage will not go down based on wheel size, its all based on weight. if you get a larger wheel that weighs the same as stock with the tire mounted, mileage should be the same. if they are lighter, then you should see increases in performance and MPG's

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
mileage will not go down based on wheel size, its all based on weight. if you get a larger wheel that weighs the same as stock with the tire mounted, mileage should be the same. if they are lighter, then you should see increases in performance and MPG's
Mileage will definitely change with circumference changes. It effectively changes gearing.

I'm curious as to how it's affeceted the mileage. They look good. Better than most I've seen so far.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Mileage will definitely change with circumference changes. It effectively changes gearing.

I'm curious as to how it's affeceted the mileage. They look good. Better than most I've seen so far.:thumbsup:
sorry, i knew that. im not new to modding, so when i chose wheels i always automatically match the overall diameter to stock specs - larger wheel, smaller tire etc.

what i meant to say was that if you maintain stock diameter with a larger wheel, as long as it is the same weight then MPG will be unaffected.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
sorry, i knew that. im not new to modding, so when i chose wheels i always automatically match the overall diameter to stock specs - larger wheel, smaller tire etc.

what i meant to say was that if you maintain stock diameter with a larger wheel, as long as it is the same weight then MPG will be unaffected.
Yes, this is correct. As long as you +1 correctly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.