Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 honda crz Done 33k miles so the car is clean as and I'm looking to change the look of it a little bit. No performance upgrades exhaust engine ect.

What in looking to do

Change standard headlights and upgrade to led
Alloys
Interior (steering wheel) general mods ect

Any links pics ect appreciated

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
do you have the base or EX model? The EX already has xenon headlights, so you won't get much advantage swapping for LED.

your car should have come with alloy wheels already... Where are you located, I've got a black set with reprogrammable TPMS sensors in them that I'd be willing to sell. (link to what style mine are)

·
Super Moderator
5,602 Posts
You already have Alloy Wheels. Try to find wheels with the same offset etc so you do not need spacers and you can still steer and not rub. If you have the non HID headlights( The trim designations in your country is different than the US so not sure) you can get LED headlights but they may not work as DRLs if you have the non LED strip version of the car. The DRL drives the low beam at a lower voltage this works with conventional halogen bulbs but LEDs not so much. Automotive LED Replacement Bulbs & Lighting Upgrades is a very informative page about what light upgrades you can do and if you contact them mention this forum their standard shipping is free.

Changing a steering wheel like they did in the 70s was very easy. Unbolt wheel bolt on a new one or get an adapter ( Grant) bolt on new one. Steering wheels have much more going on with them now especially the Airbag. Changing an airbag equipped steering wheel to a non Airbag equipped wheel is dangerous and will cause an error on your dash and disable your airbags. Very few members have done this and there is a lot of engineering you will need to do. Look for Rust buckets thread for his heavily modified now gone car. He changed everything on the car and had a Flip up race car wheel but not much of thr original CR-Z was left. Car may even fail MOT if you do this. There was a company ( Lecce) that made a replacement for our cars where you get a different style rim and all your switches and other parts along with Air Bag switch over but they have become hard to find in certain styles . There are also companies you can send your wheel to for modification.

What are you really looking to do you posted 4 months ago and now today. What skills do you have? Have you looked in the various sections of the forum? Many in their build threads have posted many ideas from Mild to wild.

Please let us know what you decide to do.

I have a 2011 honda crz Done 33k miles so the car is clean as and I'm looking to change the look of it a little bit. No performance upgrades exhaust engine ect.

What in looking to do

Change standard headlights and upgrade to led
Alloys
Interior (steering wheel) general mods ect

Any links pics ect appreciated

Thanks in advance
Mine is the standard model

1 - 5 of 5 Posts