Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago I posted that my 2011 CRZ EX 6 spd had been totalled. I really liked that car. It was set to last for at least another 100k miles. It was up on just about everything maintenence wise that I can think of. Brake fluid, coolant, trans oil, plugs, valve clearance, cabin air filter, engine air filter etc.

This past weekend I picked up a 2013 EX CVT. This one has 55k miles and should last until my retirement. Now I have to get back after some of those maintenance items again. This weekend will be engine oil, filter and trans fluid. It's been 8 years since new, could wind up getting the brake fluid this weekend too. I've got to get used to not having a clutch also. I find myself looking for the clutch and reaching for the shifter pretty regularly. It also needs a good bath and polish. No telling when the last time that happened.

Super Moderator
Don't forget the filters and wiper blades. Is the Service History book in the glove compartment? If not just do all the maintenance except maybe spark plugs so you have nothing to worry about.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget the filters and wiper blades. Is the Service History book in the glove compartment? If not just do all the maintenance except maybe spark plugs so you have nothing to worry about.
The guy said he just put new wiper blades on it. I checked the engine filter and it does not appear too bad. Changing that should be on the list also, I agree. The cabin air filter, I fully expect has never been changed. That will be on the short list also.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Okay, now I have had the car for a week or so. I've done a few maintenance items so far. Changed the engine oil, air filter, cabin air filter, hatch struts. My trans filter is supposed to be here this week so the trans fluid will be changed this week also. I have washed and clay barred and waxed the car. It looks nice and shiny now. My neighbor even asked me why didn't I buy a red one! Lol! It's really red!! I have an appointment to get my windows tinted on the June 29th.

During my cleaning and inspecting I have found just a couple of things that were wrong. One was a missing trim screw on the rear bumper in the wheel well area. That's been replaced. One other thing is with the black part of the rear bumper. It appears there is something missing in the upper left and right corners. What goes in those upper corners? Looks like maybe a reflector or something fits in those upper corners.

The last thing I have seen that is missing is the splash shield under the engine. On my last CRZ I cussed that splash shield and said I was going to leave it off of the car. I never left it off and put it back on after every 5k mile oil change. I am looking to replace the missing splash shield on this car. If anyone has one for a 2013 and up laying around they want to get rid of, I am looking.

Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
Okay, now I have had the car for a week or so. I've done a few maintenance items so far. Changed the engine oil, air filter, cabin air filter, hatch struts. My trans filter is supposed to be here this week so the trans fluid will be changed this week also. I have washed and clay barred and waxed the car. It looks nice and shiny now. My neighbor even asked me if I why I didn't buy a red one! Lol! It's really red!! I have an appointment to get my windows tinted on the June 29th.

During my cleaning and inspecting I have found just a couple of things that were wrong. One was a missing trim screw on the rear bumper in the wheel well area. That's been replaced. One other thing is with the black part of the rear bumper. It appears there is something missing in the upper left and right corners. What goes in those upper corners? Looks like maybe a reflector or something fits in those upper corners.
On the bumper, I think other markets have reflectors or lights there, and there are aftermarket lights you can add yourself. At least in the U.S, there's nothing there, the reflectors are integrated into the tail lights.

Super Moderator
On my 2013 there is a part on the diffuser that could be removed(on each side) and there are lights and reflectors that can be placed in those locations from the Insight and other models.

If you want any of the under panels they can still be purchased from Honda Parts at Honda Parts Now | Genuine OEM Honda Auto Parts or look up the part numbers there and then web search. You may also find used here https://www.redlineautoparts.com/honda-cr-z/. There are also after market aluminum ones made by Beatrush (Beatrush Aluminum UnderPanel - Honda Fit GE8 and Honda CR-Z) and others. I saw them on the Honda CR-Z Performance Auto Parts | KamiSpeed.com site.

Okay, now I have had the car for a week or so. I've done a few maintenance items so far. Changed the engine oil, air filter, cabin air filter, hatch struts. My trans filter is supposed to be here this week so the trans fluid will be changed this week also. I have washed and clay barred and waxed the car. It looks nice and shiny now. My neighbor even asked me why didn't I buy a red one! Lol! It's really red!! I have an appointment to get my windows tinted on the June 29th.

The last thing I have seen that is missing is the splash shield under the engine. On my last CRZ I cussed that splash shield and said I was going to leave it off of the car. I never left it off and put it back on after every 5k mile oil change. I am looking to replace the missing splash shield on this car. If anyone has one for a 2013 and up laying around they want to get rid of, I am looking.

Registered
2011 CRZ EX 6MT
WOW..... that is a seriously clean 2011. If it was bought here in SW Florida, the clear coat would be eaten away. This is a keeper for sure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On my 2013 there is a part on the diffuser that could be removed(on each side) and there are lights and reflectors that can be placed in those locations from the Insight and other models.

If you want any of the under panels they can still be purchased from Honda Parts at Honda Parts Now | Genuine OEM Honda Auto Parts or look up the part numbers there and then web search. You may also find used here https://www.redlineautoparts.com/honda-cr-z/. There are also after market aluminum ones made by Beatrush (Beatrush Aluminum UnderPanel - Honda Fit GE8 and Honda CR-Z) and others. I saw them on the Honda CR-Z Performance Auto Parts | KamiSpeed.com site.

I was cleaning around in the car and I came across one of the inserts for the driver side of the rear diffuser. I scoured the car looking everywhere and never found the other piece.

This morning I changed the trasnsmission fluid and filter. Ready for a few miles of driving. I set up a reminder to change the trans fluid again in 15,000 miles. The hardest part about that job was getting the filter to turn loose from the rubber hoses. It should be a little easier the next time. The fluid in the hoses helped to slide the new filter in place should help the filter slide out of the hoses.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have always been a guy that goes on mileage. I am 5k miles on oil and filter. 15k on trans filter. 10k on tire rotation. It's just easy to see it coming up on my odometer and plan for it that way. It gives me peace of mind even if it costs me a little more.

The fluid that came out of the trans was dark! So it may get a few changes just to get the correct color back to the fluid. I am guessing it had never been changed in it's 8 year, 55k mile life.

Registered
I was cleaning around in the car and I came across one of the inserts for the driver side of the rear diffuser. I scoured the car looking everywhere and never found the other piece.
If you want it, I might have that insert, send me a DM and for the price of postage you can have it.

Super Moderator
These cars do not need 5K oil changes especially if you converted over to Full synthetic. My tire rotations and oil changes by the minder end up being about 10 K except this last year I did it by time ( 1 year). But it never hurts to do things more often I just try to save money where I can and try to save the planet. The minder is pretty sophisicated and if your car has it why not follow it it can measure more than just time and mileage.

To each their own though.

There are some who have stated on here they use the wrong weight oil( they think 0W20 is too thin) and change it even more frequently and there are some owners who never do any maintenance at all. I try to follow what the engineers that built my vehicle say. They should know. Cars have changed a lot over the years and following what we used to do does not make sense now. I used to be a an every 3 K for oil , every year for coolant and when ever I thought about it Transmission fluid. Brake fluid i am still every 2 years.

I have always been a guy that goes on mileage. I am 5k miles on oil and filter. 15k on trans filter. 10k on tire rotation. It's just easy to see it coming up on my odometer and plan for it that way. It gives me peace of mind even if it costs me a little more.

The fluid that came out of the trans was dark! So it may get a few changes just to get the correct color back to the fluid. I am guessing it had never been changed in it's 8 year, 55k mile life.
View attachment 64197

Registered
If you want it, I might have that insert, send me a DM and for the price of postage you can have it.
Can you post some pictures of the insert here? I want to remove my inserts to modify to fit the light from Amazon.

Super Moderator
Another member sent me the reflectors that replace those pieces he also sent me a replacement Diffuser. Another of my many projects. Still debating if I want lights or the reflectors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts