Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seena lot of disparaging remarks about the CR-Z. That sucks I like this little car. I am thinking about having some fun and throwing some $ at my CR-Z. I have a 2014 cvt transmission. I have been poking around. Is it possible to get this thing supercharged? If so will it have to be done at a dealership or can specialized mechanics pull it off?

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Yes, it can be supercharged but as you have a CVT only Sprintex made them for CVTs and they are no longer easy to find. A good shop can install one. Many here have them or have had them. This has been discussed 100s of times. Next time please use search and I removed your blank tables.

·
Premium Member
6,149 Posts
If you find a supercharger or turbo charger, you can use KTuner to modify the tune for the extra air/power, as they provide the software for the 2013+ model years (and hondata for the 2011-2012 models.) HPD makes a factory supercharger, but it's only available for the 6-Speed (besides the different tuning of the 6-Speed -vs- the CVT, the CVT transmission leaves no room for the piping to fit around it, due to the larger transmission size.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it can be supercharged but as you have a CVT only Sprintex made them for CVTs and they are no longer easy to find. A good shop can install one. Many here have them or have had them. This has been discussed 100s of times. Next time please use search and I removed your blank tables.
Thanks for the reply. I read through the replies. I read through some of the other boards, I should have used more percise wording but I was trying to inquire about the possibility of finding a kit in 2021. You say that they are no longer easy to find. Do people purchase used kits?

Thanks for removing that table. I had no idea how it got there and couldn't get ridof it.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Yes, see the classified for used units. There maybe other forced induction options for a CVT but as I like my 2013 EX CBP CVT as it is I have not looked into it. I love the fact that mine takes regular gas. Most forced induction setups require premium and have lower MPG. I believe @tikeybun also has a Sprintex so does @HondaHolly and many more.

Quick search for all for sale Sprintex Supercharger threads. Most(if not all) are sold but gives you an idea of availability and pricing. When they come up for sale they do go quickly. If you are lucky one of the Sprintex distributors might have a kit. I said hard to find not impossible :D Contact them and ask: HONDA CRZ or one of their dealers: FIND A DEALER

@litz used to own a CVT with a Sprintex he is an expert and his advice is good.

Thanks for the reply. I read through the replies. I read through some of the other boards, I should have used more percise wording but I was trying to inquire about the possibility of finding a kit in 2021. You say that they are no longer easy to find. Do people purchase used kits?

Thanks for removing that table. I had no idea how it got there and couldn't get ridof it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Sprintex Thread | Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums (crzforum.com)

Here ya go, I installed a Sprintex from a Honda Fit on my 2016, I had to get a different bracket/pulley/belt but everything else is okay.

You can get the HKS kit:

HKS GT Honda CR-Z Supercharger Kit | KamiSpeed.com

It will work with CVT and will be capped out at about 200hp tops if you are lucky, most likely less with CVT.

If you are going to build the engine/trans or swapping to 6 Speed, you can go with this kit for higher power levels:

HKS GT2 Supercharger Pro Kit Honda CR-Z | KamiSpeed.com

The Sprintex is the best bet for the CVT and the best bang for your buck if you can find them still.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Sprintex Thread | Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums (crzforum.com)

Here ya go, I installed a Sprintex from a Honda Fit on my 2016, I had to get a different bracket/pulley/belt but everything else is okay.

You can get the HKS kit:

HKS GT Honda CR-Z Supercharger Kit | KamiSpeed.com

It will work with CVT and will be capped out at about 200hp tops if you are lucky, most likely less with CVT.

If you are going to build the engine/trans or swapping to 6 Speed, you can go with this kit for higher power levels:

HKS GT2 Supercharger Pro Kit Honda CR-Z | KamiSpeed.com

The Sprintex is the best bet for the CVT and the best bang for your buck if you can find them still.
Dude thank you so much for the reply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts