Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just bought my crz a few months ago and really want to put more time and love into the car but have no idea where to start

current ideas are on a new cat back exhaust and perhaps some new alloys but I would like recommendations on brands or even the best items to pick up in general to boost the look sound and feel of the car a bit more

thanks in advance

·
Registered
32 Posts
We just got done installing the hpd exhaust on ours and oh boy does it make the rear end look more aggressive and the sound amazing. Pretty straight forward just got hung up on one of the bolts that attached to the cat. Between the tints and the hpd exhaust the car looks amazing. I plan on restoring the plastic diffuser with some ceramic coating to restore the "blackness".

·
Registered
306 Posts
I plan on restoring the plastic diffuser with some ceramic coating to restore the "blackness".
Griot's Trim Restorer. Magic! The first coat or two on really bad plastic will be streaky. Just keep applying in heavy coats until the plastic stops absorbing it. Then buff off any excess with a clean microfiber. Will stay black for years.

Makes sun baked wiper cowls deep black again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ill give this a try tn. It says the local autozone has it. Thanks man hell of a price difference! You think it'll work on headlights?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don't think trim restorer will work on headlights. I have never tried that.

If they headlights are just lightly clouded a cutting compound on a DA buffer will clean them right up but you need to keep a UV protection on them at all times. Something like a car wax will do if applied frequently. Or that ceramic coating you have would probably be a great fit after buffing.

My go to for bad headlights is wet sand all the dead skin (plastic) off with 600 grit. Use a firm sanding sponge to keep the surface flat and avoid putting waves in the lens. Then paint with a 2k automotive clear coat. SprayMax 2k clear has been my go to. Lasts for years as it is a real UV clear coat just like what is on your hood.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So the internet lied and the local autozone didnt have trim restorer but they did have this 3 in 1 ceramic wax same brand and I think it did the job. We also got a couple of goodies in for our crz today. Sorry if I'm tread jacking . View attachment 64765

·
Registered
13 Posts
So the internet lied and the local autozone didnt have trim restorer but they did have this 3 in 1 ceramic wax same brand and I think it did the job. We also got a couple of goodies in for our crz today. Sorry if I'm tread jacking . View attachment 64765 View attachment 64766 View attachment 64767 View attachment 64768 View attachment 64769 View attachment 64770 View attachment 64771
Hello! How much for the hod exhaust and where did you get it? looks pretty clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts