Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought some 18x8.5 +35mm rims, Z is set up on TIEN coils.. any advice on the perfect tire specs to run that wont rub or require any fender mods? was eyeing some Continentals @ 225/40ZR18

Thanks Gurus!

·
Banned
433 Posts
225/40 should be about perfect.

Your +35 offset puts you closer to the fender. You can put a slight tug on the front fenders with your hands and gain 1/4" pretty easy.

You will very likely graze the inner fender liner up front around the half steering lock mark.

Rear is going to be no issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
225/40 should be about perfect.

Your +35 offset puts you closer to the fender. You can put a slight tug on the front fenders with your hands and gain 1/4" pretty easy.

You will very likely graze the inner fender liner up front around the half steering lock mark.

Rear is going to be no issues.
Awesome. Thank you for the prompt reply and the advice!
Any knowledge on spacers? I was looking to get the offset as close to zero as possible to get the wheels perfectly lined up with outer fenders.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Bought some 18x8.5 +35mm rims, Z is set up on TIEN coils.. any advice on the perfect tire specs to run that wont rub or require any fender mods? was eyeing some Continentals @ 225/40ZR18

Thanks Gurus!

·
Banned
433 Posts
Nope, very slight poke. And with the rear being so full it won't look sucked in like stock.

I am running 17x9 +45 with a 245/40. Half the width of the wheel's bead lip pokes, 5mm tops.

You are going to be 10mm more poke with your offset but less 6.35mm for your narrower wheel. So you will poke another 3.65mm beyond what I experience.

A degree or two of camber up front will be enough to pull the wheel back inside the fender.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, very slight poke. And with the rear being so full it won't look sucked in like stock.

I am running 17x9 +45 with a 245/40. Half the width of the wheel's bead lip pokes, 5mm tops.

You are going to be 10mm more poke with your offset but less 6.35mm for your narrower wheel. So you will poke another 3.65mm beyond what I experience.

A degree or two of camber up front will be enough to pull the wheel back inside the fender.
My guy you are amazing! Thanks for all the info, I do have some camber bolts I just purchased for the fronts. you just saved me some major time and money.. Thanks again 🙌🏼

1 - 11 of 11 Posts