1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks awesome! :hi5: Were you able to use the existing amp and how does it sound compared to the stock stereo in regards to clarity, bass response etc. Uhmm.. are you using the bluetooth on the pioneer for your calls or the stock bluetooth? Sorry for so many questions but i'm trying to do my homework before I buy the car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks awesome! :hi5: Were you able to use the existing amp and how does it sound compared to the stock stereo in regards to clarity, bass response etc. Uhmm.. are you using the bluetooth on the pioneer for your calls or the stock bluetooth? Sorry for so many questions but i'm trying to do my homework before I buy the car. :thumbsup:
Yes I am using the existing oe amp and im using the Parrot BT unit built in to the Pioneer screen. Mainly because it gives me caller display with touch screen capabilities.
Sounds great at the moment, alot better than stock. Deeper bass and crisper highs. But Im not too sure how long the stock speakers will last so I'll have my local dealer upgrade them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I am using the existing oe amp and im using the Parrot BT unit built in to the Pioneer screen. Mainly because it gives me caller display with touch screen capabilities.
Sounds great at the moment, alot better than stock. Deeper bass and crisper highs. But Im not too sure how long the stock speakers will last so I'll have my local dealer upgrade them.
Which Parrot model may I ask? Does it just plug into a video in on the Pioneer to get the touch screen stuff or was there modding involved? Thanks again! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
but it is able to use the existing BT with the pioneer?you need any extra adapter? The amp? you connect it directly?

·
Registered
49 Posts
i see you say all the steering wheel controls all still work..

volume up & down, skip track, mode?
does the blue tooth on the steering wheel still work? also is the blue tooth on the steering wheel integrated into the new head unit? or is that a totally different module somewhere else in the car?

reason i ask is because i heard a lot of negative feedback on the honda navigation (well whoever makes it, alpine?) and i was going to go with the cheaper EX model without navigation and install my own.

i just dont want to lose the functionality of all the steering wheel controls. i need the head unit im going to be installing to pretty much act like stock after its installed. i dont want to have buttons on my steering wheel that wont work when pressed. (im super picky about things like this)

sorry for all the questions and i hope you can answer them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i see you say all the steering wheel controls all still work..

volume up & down, skip track, mode?
does the blue tooth on the steering wheel still work? also is the blue tooth on the steering wheel integrated into the new head unit? or is that a totally different module somewhere else in the car?

reason i ask is because i heard a lot of negative feedback on the honda navigation (well whoever makes it, alpine?) and i was going to go with the cheaper EX model without navigation and install my own.

i just dont want to lose the functionality of all the steering wheel controls. i need the head unit im going to be installing to pretty much act like stock after its installed. i dont want to have buttons on my steering wheel that wont work when pressed. (im super picky about things like this)

sorry for all the questions and i hope you can answer them.
I'd love a response to this as well.

Thanks,
Sal

·
Registered
6 Posts
so has anyone been able to confirm if and how the steering wheel controls work with the head unit? i am interested in installing a double din but don't want to lose those controls. If they do work with the new double din you installed may i ask how you got it to work? did you have to buy an extra piece or did it work with just installing it? thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
so has anyone been able to confirm if and how the steering wheel controls work with the head unit? i am interested in installing a double din but don't want to lose those controls. If they do work with the new double din you installed may i ask how you got it to work? did you have to buy an extra piece or did it work with just installing it? thanks
They can work but you need to $ up for an extra module similar to:

PAC SWI-PSv1 (swipsv1) Pioneer and Sony Factory Steering Wheel

If you want to use a carPC something a bit more complicated is needed. Check out Joycon for that.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
That is an outstanding price on the module! I was desperate and got ripped off at audio specialty store a few years ago on the same controller. However, it does work exceptionally well on all of the Pioneer headunits I've had. Well worth it! I'm having it installed, again, in the CR-Z in about a week or so. I'll update on how well it is then

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.