Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CR-Z Manual EX-L in Aegean Blue Metallic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of looking for this specific spec, I have found my dream daily driver, a 2016 CR-Z Manual EX-L in Aegean Blue Metallic. I was either looking for a BVP2 or an ABM manual EX-L and every time one would pop up, it would already have been sold within hours of it being up. This one popped up on Carvana and after the week-long test period in which I drove it 500 miles, auto-crossed it, and washed it 4 times, I have decided to keep it. But there was barely any doubt.

In the short term, I plan to change the wheel and tire setup and add a few mods while keeping it in the stock SCCA autocross class. In the long run, I want to add some forced induction system because I initially fell in love with the CR-Z after seeing one with an HPD supercharger lap willow springs. I remember sitting in a CR-Z at an auto show in 2011 when I was a kid and thinking it was the coolest, and now I finally own one!

I know this is a fairly rare car in this spec, but does anyone know the specifics build numbers for this spec, would be cool to know?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great find, I did see the posting on Carvana!

Reactions: Balisage1

·
Registered
2016 CR-Z Manual EX-L in Aegean Blue Metallic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heck yeah an auto-x'er and roadcourser. Welcome driver.
Yes sir! My other car, a turbo nissan 350z, is the real track car but I have found this Z to be more fun when driven in anger on an autocross course. The one event I have been to so far with the crz, there was a few crx there and they were giving me tips on how to drive a front wheel drive car. Nevertheless I'm excited to see how I can do with this platform!

Great find, I did see the posting on Carvana!
It was a real chore to get this one because of it being through carvana. A few times i took too long to get the correct information and someone else had started the purchasing process which locked me out from completing it. It was listed as a "hot car" which means lot of fellow enthusiasts were checking it out. I wish I got into it a bit cheeper, but the market right now didn't allow for that. 🤷‍♂️ It's only a loss if I sell it and and I don't intend on doing that!

Congrats! That’s a nice looking car.
Thank you! The work paid off in the end and I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ehhh don't beat yourself up too bad on the price. Auto manufacturers are saying major delays getting cars out deep into 2023. Probably going to get much worse before it gets better.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don’t worry about the price too much. Carvana can charge a bit much sometimes. As long as you like the car then it was worth it. I autocross mine as well with a whole host of upgrades and it’s an absolute blast!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts