Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
7,520 Posts
Welcome and the most unusual color I have seen! Love it , drive it do all its needed maintenance especially if no records in the service history book.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice! Congratulations! I just got a used 2013 in “North Shore Blue Pearl”. I was looking for one that wasn’t a beater for a long time and finally found one with less than 50,000 miles on the odo yesterday. Loving it so far and a nice complement to my 2013 Honda Crosstour.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Red
18 Posts
Nice choice! Though I thought CR-Zs started being made in 2011? Or am I off on that? Maybe just in the US?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice choice! Though I thought CR-Zs started being made in 2011? Or am I off on that? Maybe just in the US?
Yea most of the cars in nz are imported from Japan and Japan got it from 2010 and onwards I think

·
Administrator
7,520 Posts
There is a difference in how the year is defined in different areas. In US we use Model year other places they use build year or in UK they call it plate year so the same vehicle if originally sent to UK or other places it is the year it was built in places like the US they use model year which can be later. Same CR-Z just different definition so in the case of a CR-Z they were first built in 2010 and the UK and other countries list them as 2010. In US they were introduced as a 2011 model year so they are labeled as that here. UK has cars listed as 2013 but they are not the ones with the LI-ION battery for example others are 2013 and are LI-ION so you just have to know your area and what to look at on the vehicle. Then there is the whole ZF1 versus ZF2 discussion. That is by VIN in reality but some are calling the LI-ION cars ZF2.

All CR-Z are built in Japan ( maybe there was a plant in the UK too?) but all are technically Japan built. As we have found out lately some of the JDM (Japan Domestic Market) cars have very different content than ours (no rear speakers in a base for instance, Lack of cruise control). There is also a number of differences in the UK(maintenance minder may or may not be in car or activated ). US we got three trim levels that was it. We can't presume to know certain things as they vary by market. Other things are standard (0W20 oil for instance) across all years and markets. I was sure they were all the same when I joined, now I know they are not. All we can do is try to help each other and try to record any actual differences we find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts