Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, great to see there is a CR-Z forum. I just purchased a very low mileage 2011 with Navi system. I was wondering if folks could help direct me to which smartphone to purchase that would work with the car's bluetooth system. Honda's Handsfree database online seems like it is a bit dated for my carrier. I have service with TMoblie my current smartphone is old and will pair with the Navi system but isn't compatible.

I prefer an Android phone, any recommendations on what will work?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm running a MOTO X on Republic Wireless and it works very well.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Congrats on your CR-Z.
Afraid I cannot help you with the phone (non-navi here, and ancient phone), but I can say "welcome!".

·
Registered
43 Posts
It will work with any phone (Android, iOS, Windows, Blackberry, etc). There is no Bluetooth music playback though. It will only do calls. I recommend reading your tech manual though for the Nav; it's actually really informative and tells you how to set up everything and the shortcuts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Below are T-mo phones I have that work with the 11 CR-Z Navi. None of these phones are listed on handsfreelink.com

Note 3 - OS 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4 work.

2013 Moto X (XT-1053) - OS 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4 work.

2014 Moto X - OS 4.4.4

Galaxy S5 - OS 4.4.3 & 4.4 4 work.

I found out last night that the Note 3 has amazing BT range.

These are the features that I know work 100% with the 4 phones listed above.

Phone Pairning - passive
Handsfree Calling
Incoming Call
Call Transfer
Call Hangup
Call Waiting
Contact Import
Phonebook Import
Battery Level
Signal Strength

·
Handy-man
1,638 Posts
It will work with any phone (Android, iOS, Windows, Blackberry, etc). There is no Bluetooth music playback though. It will only do calls. I recommend reading your tech manual though for the Nav; it's actually really informative and tells you how to set up everything and the shortcuts.
I believe this is incorrect for the Car with the Satnav... Unless they changed this for the ZF2. However, I was under the impression that the Satnav unit didn't change from year to year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the responses. The phones people listed will help my search. Yes, I know not all phones will work that is clear by looking at Honda's phone compatibility list.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe this is incorrect for the Car with the Satnav... Unless they changed this for the ZF2. However, I was under the impression that the Satnav unit didn't change from year to year.
11/12 ZF1 navi made by Alpine

13/14 ZF2 navi made by Mitsubishi - adds BT audio, rear view camera, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts