Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. So come Friday I will be picking up my new/used 2014 Honda CRZ. Honestly excited, I have always loved the style of this car. And hope it is something i will enjoy in the long run. I did buy it with the intentions of driving until the wheels fall off. This will be my daily work commute vehicle. I drive about an hour every day, and it seems like it will be great for my commute. I ended up paying $8K for a 2014 with 65K miles on it, so I think I got a pretty good deal. I dont intend to do any performance upgrades for now. But might do a little bit in terms of light effect and maybe a back and front bumper, done in that order. Once the engine dies, I might do a K swap. but who knows.

About me, I am an IT guy, did 10 years in the US Military. My first car was a 1990 Honda Accord. I like to design websites on my off time. And I play the new Call Of Duty Warzone. I own 3 dogs(Excited to put them in the trunk), a cat, and about 300gals worth of aquariums. Want to know anything else just ask. Pretty open book.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So let me ask, are those the original factory headlights? with the LED underneath? because the seal is broken on the housing and i told the dealership i wanted them replaced but they are saying they don't think those are factory and wont be able to change them if so. Please advise.

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
The strip below the headlights is on EX models because those models have the HID low beam headlights. They are factory stock. Some other members have resealed the headlight capsules or you can replace them. Either way I recommend PPF ( Paint Protection Film) over the lights to prevent breakage and fogging (Cataracts). Note the price(s) below!
Here are your part numbers :
Left 33151-SZT-A31 $466.47
Right 33101-SZT-A31 $466.47

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn those are expensive! Are there any nice aftermarket ones for a decent price in case they decide to leave me high and dry.

also, if the have a little fog will the PPF clear them up any. its not extremely noticeable but I can tell its at the beginning.

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
Car model specific part on a rare car so no aftermarket ones that I know of but you can reseal them or pray Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts has them or google search the part numbers I looked up for you.

No, you polish out the headlights then apply the film after they are clear again. Many different products to restore head lights.

That was one of the things I had done to the the Speed Bump, all the lights and the hood and front fenders covered in Xpel. I had the lights only done on my last car when I found out what one capsule costs and haven't had a broken light since except for the hit and run on The Speed Bump where the front of the capsule was fine but the back of the capsule was destroyed and after the repair was done had the replacement lights covered.

Damn those are expensive! Are there any nice aftermarket ones for a decent price in case they decide to leave me high and dry.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
110 Posts
Wait, the dealer didn't know they were original? shame. Those are original, there's no aftermarket headlights. the 2013 and later EX models have the LED strip and HID headlights.

To clear them up, hit them with some sandpaper. Start with 800 grit, move to 1500, 2000 and 3000. Then polish them (preferably with a machine). Then add some wax every once in a while.
or skip the polish and 3000 grit, and add a high quality clear coat.

If they're leaking because the seal is broke, I recommend removing the headlight, putting it in the oven to soften the adhesive, open it and clean the insides real well, add some rubber butyl adhesive, put it back in the oven, and close it back up. You can use silicone on the edge, but in my experience, it never works and only makes a mess.

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
I can blame them, they have the books in the parts department which shows all the parts or online. See my posting with the part numbers I posted above for 2014. Dealers have access to much more information than we do. You can't even buy a Factory Service Manual for any year past 2012! Dealerships have all the information needed in an electronic form. The dealership just did not want to honestly deal with the issue.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what recourse the OP would have other than to ask they take care of it since they delivered it.

I don't think I can blame them much, I imagine dealerships don't see this car very often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts