Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Congrats on the playing hardball and the purchase :cheer:

Ummm. Had somewhat of a simular experience when I bought m Civic Hybrid in 07. Test Drove a EX w/NAVI that had a HFP package on it - Body moldings and 18" HFP rims/tires. I liked it but told them I wanted to sleep on it. They then went out and gave me a quote of 24K or so in writing. At the time I didn't really look closely at the dealer installed options aka HFP stuff. I got home and started doing a little research and lo and behold, with the HFP stuff, it was at about 32K (of course dealer installed options are overpriced). But, 24K with all the other stuff, I was back in the next day. Gave them the quote and said OK, I'll take it. They then came back and said, oops, we quoted off the wrong car (VIN number on the quote was the car with the HFP package). This car is in fact 32K and change. I held the ground and told them I would buy it right now at the quoted price. After about 30-40 minutes, they came back with the story, "we want to make you a customer for life, etc etc.," they gave it to me at the original quoted price.

I am not sure if there were any legal issues with the quote or they were concerned of anytype of complaints to corporate, But, if anyone else has the same or simular experience, would try and hold your ground. Might work out well.

I did not get the same deal on the CR-Z. First one in the area to buy one. Pretty much paid MSRP + all the extras. Still, I'm liking the CR-Z.
wow $24k for a civic Hybrid with all the goodies is a REALLY GREAT deal... they took a nasty hit on that sale for sure...

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
My salesman just drove a total of 13 hours today to get mine, because i refused to pay trucking charges on it. They only gave me 20,400.00 for my mustang gt, I owed 24,000.00 but it has four bald tires, two with a screw in them, and the front fender has a dent from a truck driver throwing a cooler at it, and the door has a dent from his soda.

not alot of hold backs its got everything but the navi door sills and arm rest, and was 22k, but we havent signed the contract yet, that happens tom. and then I pick it up after work. I may squeeeezzee a few more dollars out of him for my car because he promised me zero miles on mine and its got five.
not sure where you live, but with the CR-Z, please stay away from angry ppl throwing coolers and soda cans... also, how does it have 5miles on it when they drove 13hrs? that should put it around +700miles... and if you think you can buy a car ANYWHERE in this world with 0miles then you my friend need a quick reality check... the LEAST you can ever expect is around 1.5miles on the odo... let us know how it goes!

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
All things considered this I know, and 5 is not a lot to complain about (if any), but never over promise and under deliver. I was promised it would never be test drove and have an odo reading of less than one. Five miles is alot for a car they just received yesterday, nor do I think it was all from their lot. I wont walk away from it, but seeing as I am a salesmen myself I know the value of 'your word'. Promised ETA was the 20th, less then one mile. Im more so upset Ive been driving the insight now for almost two weeks. I was told the CRZ was much peppier and I am so hopeing, yet most reveiws say they drive the same... Since I could not test drive the one they had as I was not interested in it what so ever, it being an automatic Im still curious as to how it will feel to drive it.

We will see how it goes tom tho!
i'd knock of $5 if i was that salesman, $1 for each mile... and i'd say u can take it or leave it haha...

the CR-Z even in the CVT form is much peppier than the Insight... and you should read some "REAL" customer reviews on this thread http://www.crzforum.com/forum/honda-cr-z-owners-forum/1138-official-driving-impressions-review.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.