Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come to sell my 07 Element for something that gets a little better MPG. I have left the E mostly sitting in the garage while commuting on my Honda Silverwing scooter. Looks like the CRZ will get about the same MPG as the Swing and be as much or more fun.

Looking forward to all the insight from the group.

CG99

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I'm over on Kitsap...

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome! You'll get a lot of useful feedback here. Keep in mind this car is still a well kept secret and inventories nationwide are high, and therefore its kind of a buyer's market right now. You should be able to get a good deal if you're willing to bargain. I ended up ordering what I wanted and still got a good deal.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome.. I'm up in Everett. I got mine at Klein Honda and they threw tint and a clear bra into the deal. Did a very nice job with it too.
Thanks! Good to know. I'm thinking clear bra is a must. I liked them when I worked at Barrier but didn't feel the need to put one on the Element. Something about the Z just screams 'rock chip magnet'.

Bellevue Honda got back to me and said the could meet or beat Renton's quote (for something they don't have) for the Blue one Bellevue has on their lot.

Have a quote request in with Kirkland too, now it is just a matter of who I want to do business with. Seems like they all think they can do a dealer trade to get me what I want.

We have been taking both our Hondas to Bellevue for service because the Renton service department was having some issues.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome! You'll get a lot of useful feedback here. Keep in mind this car is still a well kept secret and inventories nationwide are high, and therefore its kind of a buyer's market right now. You should be able to get a good deal if you're willing to bargain. I ended up ordering what I wanted and still got a good deal.
Everyone is trying to give me the 'high demand', 'gas prices' lines. Today, I got the 'manufactured in Japan, no ETA for replacement inventory'. That one I get. I feel so bad for those folks over there...

I have plenty of time to deal and don't actually have to purchase. I commute year round on my Silverwing and average 40mpg so I'm about as immune as they come to gas prices.

Thanks for all the input guys, if this forum turns out to be like others I'm on, it should be great!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SilverPiranha - That's good to hear. Where you on the Element Owners Forum? I'm looking forward to almost doubling my milage and I don't need the E for what bought it for anymore. Gave up cycling and almost never had more than two people in it.

I'm going to be test driving a blue EX manual w/o Navi tonight. If all goes well I may be trading in the E tomorrow. The only downside is I just replaced the stock 'Badyears' with some nice Toyo A/Ts. I have a few things to take off the E before I trade it (grill guard and Thule roof rack)

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I'm an owner! Traded in the E on Friday and took it on a drive down to Portland this weekend. Nice ride compared to the E.
^ Congrats.. Watcha end up getting?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
North Shore Blue Pearl EX 6MT. Picked it up at Bellevue Honda, we've been taking both our cars there for service for the past couple of years and have always been happy. Have to take it back for the clear bra and splash guards then I'm taking it for tint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.