Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my crz after years of wanting a crx but not wanting the expense of going back in time.
I'm in love with the z though. The look and the drive of it. She's a babe.
Coming from a 05 civic it's a big change. Loving it so far but there are things I need to do to her.
My milano red is a bit pink and I want to sort it some way. Ideally a spray if money was plentiful cause I want something I wont have to top up all the time.
I wanna get a jdp spoiler also but I'm having trouble sourcing one to be shipped to Ireland.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Got my crz after years of wanting a crx but not wanting the expense of going back in time.
I'm in love with the z though. The look and the drive of it. She's a babe.
Coming from a 05 civic it's a big change. Loving it so far but there are things I need to do to her.
My milano red is a bit pink and I want to sort it some way. Ideally a spray if money was plentiful cause I want something I wont have to top up all the time.
I wanna get a jdp spoiler also but I'm having trouble sourcing one to be shipped to Ireland.
Welcome!!

It might be pink due to the clear coat starting to get worn / scratched by minor particles. You should try buffing it out with a heavy polish compound / orange pad.. should bring it back to life!!

Definitely post some pics when you get a chance. I'll also send you the FSM (factory service manual) so you can have it to work on your car. :)

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You might want to see what it looks like after a good polishing to turn that milano pink to red...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome!!

It might be pink due to the clear coat starting to get worn / scratched by minor particles. You should try buffing it out with a heavy polish compound / orange pad.. should bring it back to life!!

Definitely post some pics when you get a chance. I'll also send you the FSM (factory service manual) so you can have it to work on your car. :)

I'm a bit scared of buffing and maybe taking off layers of paint. I've been watching videos and stuff on it but I dono how long a treatment like that would last.
It looks brilliant when it's done to cars but I'd be worried incase id be doing more harm than good in the long run

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a bit scared of buffing and maybe taking off layers of paint. I've been watching videos and stuff on it but I dono how long a treatment like that would last.
It looks brilliant when it's done to cars but I'd be worried incase id be doing more harm than good in the long run. Thanks for sending the manual too!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yup.. looks like she needs a buff!

Buffing is easy. As long as you don't get too crazy with it, you wont burn the paint. Or, you an just pay someone to do it. I always do my own car, and it comes out great. Just need a good DA polisher, harbor freight sells some good cheap ones, and I use either chemical guys, or Menzerna polishes. They work great!!

Then you can wax it.

Or, if you wanna do it the easy way.. just pay someone the $200 or so ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup.. looks like she needs a buff!

Buffing is easy. As long as you don't get too crazy with it, you wont burn the paint. Or, you an just pay someone to do it. I always do my own car, and it comes out great. Just need a good DA polisher, harbor freight sells some good cheap ones, and I use either chemical guys, or Menzerna polishes. They work great!!

Then you can wax it.

Or, if you wanna do it the easy way.. just pay someone the $200 or so ;)
I wouldn't have a notion about doing that stuff myself, I'd end up wrecking the paint with my luck lol
How often do you buff yours?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have exactly the same problem here in Cullercoats with the Milano Red, I think the last owner left it out in the sun too much!!! but just the back end? It is just the hatch back top and sides with a bit of fading on the roof as well. I too am worried about buffing off the lacquer so I just use 'T' cut to clean it down then some turtle wax color magic 'radiant red' wax, polish up with Auto Glym super resin polish and finish off with Auto glym 'extra polish protection. There all about 7-10 quid each so for £25 you get a good finish and some extra arm muscle :)
Lasts for 2-3 months.
Enjoy your Z and keep the 12v battery well topped up by trickle charging if you do not do much mileage. A flat battery causes all sorts of weird problems on these. That is the only fault I have found.
ATB.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have exactly the same problem here in Cullercoats with the Milano Red, I think the last owner left it out in the sun too much!!! but just the back end? It is just the hatch back top and sides with a bit of fading on the roof as well. I too am worried about buffing off the lacquer so I just use 'T' cut to clean it down then some turtle wax color magic 'radiant red' wax, polish up with Auto Glym super resin polish and finish off with Auto glym 'extra polish protection. There all about 7-10 quid each so for £25 you get a good finish and some extra arm muscle :)
Lasts for 2-3 months.
Enjoy your Z and keep the 12v battery well topped up by trickle charging if you do not do much mileage. A flat battery causes all sorts of weird problems on these. That is the only fault I have found.
ATB.
Aye it's just the back wings and the boot/trunk. I was tempted to use t cut but I hate to see paint coming off, I would worry I'd do more damage than anything.
But I know the professional has to take off a certain amount of paint to see a difference.
Thats good to know about the battery. I'd use the car daily and my motorbike a good bit during summer. But I'll keep that in mind when I'm not driving her

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I wouldn't have a notion about doing that stuff myself, I'd end up wrecking the paint with my luck lol
How often do you buff yours?
I've only had to do each of my cars once.. then they look nice for years to come. After you go at them with the heavy polish, you can then use more minor polish, then wax, paint sealant, etc.

Its quite easy to do but you definitely need the tools. DA polisher, white, orange, black pads + polish, wax, etc.

You might be better off just paying someone to re-condition the paint as its quite a bit of work and usually people don't charge TOO much. Couple hundred $$.. Your paint will come out looking like new though and much much deeper. Basically, it just removes surface scratches little by little. The reason your paint looks dull is because its all scratched up with minor scratches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh that's good to know that I wouldnt have to do it alot cause I don't wanna damage the paint more.
I will get a pro to do it definitely. It'll be worth it and easier to keep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts