Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out the new Honda Odyssey has a new Navigation/Audio system that makes it compare more favorably to systems like Ford Sync. It allows changing tracks on an iPod/Iphone via voice command, like "play artist Pearl Jam" and also the Nav system allows you to search for places by name. It also shows album art on the nav display. I wish they would have put this into the CRZ instead of our 6 year old Nav system. Maybe there will be an option to upgrade this in the future, but I doubt it. This really is the only complain I have about my Zed.

2011 Honda Odyssey - Feature Details - Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I found out the new Honda Odyssey has a new Navigation/Audio system that makes it compare more favorably to systems like Ford Sync. It allows changing tracks on an iPod/Iphone via voice command, like "play artist Pearl Jam" and also the Nav system allows you to search for places by name. It also shows album art on the nav display. I wish they would have put this into the CRZ instead of our 6 year old Nav system. Maybe there will be an option to upgrade this in the future, but I doubt it. This really is the only complain I have about my Zed.

2011 Honda Odyssey - Feature Details - Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition
Oh, and it appears it includes the AD2P bluetooth profile for audio streaming. Grr.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm not sure I'm sold on the voice command systems like Ford.

I tried the Snyc in a Fiesta and found it annoying that you have to go through mutliple command promts to change a song with no shortcuts. The sales guy wasn't very interested in helping me since I wasn't in the market for a Mustang/Truck. Could be wrong on that. I see Ford is offering classes now on how to use Snyc. Very Apple-like, like the Genius Bar.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm not sure I'm sold on the voice command systems like Ford.

I tried the Snyc in a Fiesta and found it annoying that you have to go through mutliple command promts to change a song with no shortcuts. The sales guy wasn't very interested in helping me since I wasn't in the market for a Mustang/Truck. Could be wrong on that. I see Ford is offering classes now on how to use Snyc. Very Apple-like, like the Genius Bar.
Our other car is a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport with snyc and the voice commands are a PITA.. After a few tries you will just give up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Austrialian Model has real time traffic info (SUNA)

Looking for a better Nav Unit (Honda specific if possible) with real-time traffic updates and found that Australia gets one. Though it appears provider of info (SUNA) is Aussie only. Of course, the rest of the world got other features as well, beyond the back seat:

"The Luxury model adds leather seats (heated up front), a panoramic glass roof, reversing camera, SUNA-equipped satellite navigation and a DVD player..."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.