Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I haven't yet purchased a CR-Z, but the dealer is letting me know when they're going to get an EX with a manual transmission. I see that there's a lot of aftermarket talk here. Can I safely assume that putting on aftermarket intake, exhaust and/or suspension parts won't mess with the computer? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
the ECU adjusts to bolt on mods. you will have no problems with intakes and exhausts etc. suspension has nothing to do with the ECU so thats also no problem.

EDIT: as long as you use quality parts and maintain the car well also. ex - if you get a serviceable filter and use too much oil you can mess up your MAF sensor. If you do it the right way though, no issues to report, just like most other modern hondas.

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy at the dealership keeps telling me that Sport Mode tightens up the suspension. Is that true or is he just feeding me a line?

Also, I put my deposit down today for the car and it should be here sometime this upcoming week. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Sport mode does not tighten up the suspension he's just another dumb sales rep, it tightens up the steering wheel giving it a sportier feel thus giving u the impression of a tighter suspension.

·
Registered
982 Posts
My sales guy said the same thing and at first I stated wow !! this thing has electro magnetic shocks like a vet and he was like what are electro magnetic shocks. I followed up with you don't know anything about this car do you. It has stuts and shocks. Most of sales people I come across are are idiots.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Be careful before you ask a questions without researching on the web or other posts. You might get yelled at.

Big Hurt
Nah, we only yell at you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow! the "C" in CR-Z must stand for Comedian. Wait I will go google the "C" in CR-Z to make sure what it means. Don't want to upset the thread police. Wait I hear them. Got to go hide. No whine, would like some Jim Beam Black. :pP:

Big Hurt

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wow! the "C" in CR-Z must stand for Comedian. Wait I will go google the "C" in CR-Z to make sure what it means. Don't want to upset the thread police. Wait I hear them. Got to go hide. No whine, would like some Jim Beam Black. :pP:

Big Hurt
Why don't you quit being a bitch and stop interupting this thread. You bring it on yourself.

:eek:fftopic:

/threadpolice

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
People post stupid sh*t on this forum all the time. I see some people can dish it out but can't take it. I said my peace. Enough with this discussion.
Oh, I can take it. We mostly dish out stupid crap in off topic.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.