Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, new here, looking for some help. Girlfriend has a 11’ CRZ EX 6mt. The 12v battery died over winter. The car now has EPS issues and a 32-0C Battery Current Detect Circuit code. Nothing else. It has now power steering. After new 12v battery, the code still won’t clear, I replaced EPS module with an identical module, took the car for a drive, still nothing. Any help?
Thank you! Using an Autel btw.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
59 Posts
Are you able to pull up the live data PID for battery current? Autel is usually pretty good with that. Might be worth checking the output of the battery sensor. Did the positive lead have a lot of corrosion on it?

Nevermind, the other guys are on the right track. It would have other codes associated with it in other modules.
Honda's own diagnosis is to clear codes and see if they come back; then check wire integrity to the EPS module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EPS Fuse?
Fuse 2 under the hood was good and 11 and 22 also checked out
Are you able to pull up the live data PID for battery current? Autel is usually pretty good with that. Might be worth checking the output of the battery sensor. Did the positive lead have a lot of corr
Are you able to pull up the live data PID for battery current? Autel is usually pretty good with that. Might be worth checking the output of the battery sensor. Did the positive lead have a lot of corrosion on it?

Nevermind, the other guys are on the right track. It would have other codes associated with it in other modules.
Honda's own diagnosis is to clear codes and see if they come back; then check wire integrity to the EPS module.
yes I was able to pull data, I got 0v output I believe at motor. Might have to double check that. Or for corroded/ compromised wires going to motor.

·
Registered
834 Posts
32-0C is battery current detect circuit.

The only troubleshooting step in the manual is check for loose terminals in the EPS control unit. If no poor connections are found, replace the EPS control unit.

EPS control unit is in the cabin mounted to the firewall above and to the left of the clutch pedal bracket. Has two connectors with some heavy gauge wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update for anyone wondering. I’m thinking it was self-inflicted when I installed springs/dampeners/ sway bar I lowered the front subframe enough to pull a wire out of the connector on top of the motor. Easy fix thankfully as it just pulled apart easily. Lesson learned! Thanks for all the help!

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Update for anyone wondering. I’m thinking it was self-inflicted when I installed springs/dampeners/ sway bar I lowered the front subframe enough to pull a wire out of the connector on top of the motor. Easy fix thankfully as it just pulled apart easily. Lesson learned! Thanks for all the help!
Sounds like the time I lowered the subframe to install the Swaybar, except that space is sooooooo tight, I forgot that there was a third connector to plug in....got in the car, no power steering, lol. Glad it's intact and back on the road!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts