Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been averaging about 37mpg in my 6mt, which imho is great considering i drive like a nascar wannabe.

my car is apparently still creeping toward even better mileage, because to my utter surprise I've moved to "level 2" in the eco-score!

when I turned off the engine the other night I received a trophy & wreath and a congratulations message,... but wasnt quick enough with the camera.

but here you see I do have 2 leaves, and am just getting started in filling up this meter.

:hi5:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Man, I can see it now....everyone is going to have the cam phones ready when they are going to turn their cars off...:D....:pics:.....:giggle:....:eek:fftopic:

i hit it last week actually. But I kinda forgot about it, then it came up randomely after coming home from work and i'm like..oh damn. It went away before I could get my phone out and never came back. :angry:

i dont understand how you guys are getting such good mileage :(

congrats on making the next level.
Drive like this fellow and you will!

·
Registered
579 Posts
this is hilarious, now people are going to make it into a game.
It is funny. Everyone is so determined. You know, they should have levels of progression. Bronze, Silver and Gold. Like the Olympics. It would be really rewarding. It would make you try even harder to be a hippie when driving. And honda could award you with like a free oil change or something each time. Im dreaming I know, but it would be neat. :p

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
It is funny. Everyone is so determined. You know, they should have levels of progression. Bronze, Silver and Gold. Like the Olympics. It would be really rewarding. It would make you try even harder to be a hippie when driving. And honda could award you with like a free oil change or something each time. Im dreaming I know, but it would be neat. :p
Looks like we have two threads on the same topic.

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/honda-cr-z-mpg/3161-eco-badge-achievement-mileage.html

Uhmmm.
Interactive feed back. But what may really blow your mind is maybe the machines are now training us. Blue pill or Red pill.

So who is in control? Your CR-Z and it's display or you? :iough:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Anyone notice the eco score doesn't actually follow MPG? I think it cares more about what mode you're in. I've been getting better MPG in sports mode than econ on the highway!!
As a little test I drove out to a job 2 days in a row. First day was econ the entire way, 2nd was sports. Econ day was ~34mpg, and sports day was almost 37mpg.
Econ day I grew leaves.. Sports day I lost leaves!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I noticed that when I drop it from Econ to Normal, I lose leaves-meter fill.

I've made the same drive, at the same time of the day, with the same outside temperature a few times in the past week, and although I get the same MPG, I get different leaves depending on the amount of time I leave it in econ, and the amount of time the ring stays green. The key seems to be keeping the ring green, and braking very very softly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.