Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just got my new CRZ last nite.. pearl black.

I ended up gettin the ex-CVT model with navi.. now i didnt want navi initially, i was fine with just the EX, but due to the dealership messing up a few things and i was the last person there, i felt i got a deal..

I'd like to know if everyone else thinks i did..

I traded in my previous 2002 malibu ls.. got 2k for it.. i put $1750 down... and got an armrest and installation included..

final price including taxes was $20,250... do you think i got a good deal?

my other question..im having trouble settin up bluetooth..when the girl says press the talk button i do..and i get a message saying ;cannot set up voice activation while another unit is using audio device...any ideas/help with fixing it?

appreciate all feedback guys, thanks in advance!

and here she is..

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yea, you got a deal. I got 3500 for my 2000 Honda Prelude, OTD price for my EX 6MT w/o NAV was like 21,800.

What do you mean exactly setting up? Sounds like a BT device is already active/on. So when you hit the talk button on the wheel, you cant do anything because another device is currently in use. I notice the cars BT auto sync has a far range. I was at the delearship holding my phone and they pulled my car up and I didnt know. I only knew because my phone suddenly said "syncing to bluetooth device". I looked outside and sure enough, my car was just pulled up. I was about 25ft away from my car...inside the building. Pretty impressive actually.

It's possible someone elses BT device at your house is auto syncing at the same time while your trying to get yours to work. Maybe someone elses phone..or even your phone and your not realizing it.

Did you set up your phone's bluetooth detection already to auto sync with your car?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah borcth, i think youre right. something is getting in the way.. i have an iphone4..it should work fine right?

any idea on what i can try? i noticed my bluetooth on my iphone is off..could that be it?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yea, turn it on. I had to turn mine back on when I first set it up and do a bluetooth local device search.
Start your car, do a search on your iphone for local blue tooth devices while you're sitting inside your car. It should work. Once you do that, the car should rememeber your phone and auto sync anytime you turn your car on and your in range. Go try it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
borcth - i turned my ipone bluetooth on..it wont find the device, though.. i dont know what it could be coming in contact with if anything..

any other ideas?

and lucky good luck on yours! hope you get a solid deal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you got 2k for your trade and put down 1750 and got it out the door for just over 20,000 then you got a really good deal. Thats about 2k under sticker which I have yet to see as a discount. Doesn't sound right to me but if it is correct great for you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
borcth - i turned my ipone bluetooth on..it wont find the device, though.. i dont know what it could be coming in contact with if anything..

any other ideas?

and lucky good luck on yours! hope you get a solid deal.
You have to pair it with the car. Follow the voice prompts to pair it. It takes the iPhone a few seconds to find it so you can put in the code. After that your good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
appreciate the help guys...but i still cant get it to work...

gonna have the dealer figure it out for me saturday when i get my armrest installed...

another question.. the slip cover that comes in the trunk..if that is scratched up..can i get a new one while im there?? will they give me a new one if i complain?

·
Registered
177 Posts
appreciate the help guys...but i still cant get it to work...

gonna have the dealer figure it out for me saturday when i get my armrest installed...

another question.. the slip cover that comes in the trunk..if that is scratched up..can i get a new one while im there?? will they give me a new one if i complain?
I suppose that kind of depends on whether you did the scratching, or if you can convince them that it was already like that!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ive tried everything at this point to get bluetooth to work.. it just says 'searching' the whole time on my iphone..

and evertime i hit the talk button i get 'cannot activate voice regognition when another unit is using the device'

so i cant say anything.. i just dont understand it at all... does anyone think i have a bad hands free link? i go to the dealer saturday and i sure hope they fix this ****.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
ive tried everything at this point to get bluetooth to work.. it just says 'searching' the whole time on my iphone..

and evertime i hit the talk button i get 'cannot activate voice regognition when another unit is using the device'

so i cant say anything.. i just dont understand it at all... does anyone think i have a bad hands free link? i go to the dealer saturday and i sure hope they fix this ****.
What Firmware are you using? U may just have to update the firmware! Are you Jailbroken? well doesn't matter as they got the newest unlock out. U can also try reseting ALL NETWORK settings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.