Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. In mid Dec I bought my slightly used (1196 miles) Silver CRZ w/CVT and Navi from a dealer in Arkansas. Drove it 1200+ miles back to Orlando, FL. Took me about 20 hours.....

What a great car. It's replacing my 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid. Well actually I am keeping it too.

The car drove beautifully. Lots of head turning from drivers as I passed them (or they passed me)......

I got a great price on the car since it's used and I bought it from a Cadillac Dealer. Could not get a decent price out of my local dealer or any other Honda dealers new or used.....

The previous owner installed the Honda Dealer Optional 17' rims with Yokohama tires at 800 miles. They look sharp and I like they way they handle vs the stock tires/rims....I've installed the all season mats. Tomorrow my local dealer is installing the armrest and rear spoiler....

The CRZ seems like a huge car compared to my Insight. Much roomier and way more comfortable. Gas mileage is not as good but I really like how much more power the CRZ has....:thumbup:

Still confused why they didn't call it the Insight Sport but I love it anyway......

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Congrats. Your the first I have seen to pick up a used CR-Z. And you get to take it on a road trip at the same time. Sounds like fun.

CR-Z somewhat resembles the old CRX. Probably the primary reason. Marketing.

Have fun.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
welcome to the site. I also had an Insight at one time and if I remember correctly, the CR-Z is VERY close to what was being called the next generation Insight at one time. I think I remember some photos of what Honda was thinking about and in my mind I remember it a lot like the CR-Z.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the CR-Z. I was surprised how big it is inside and how it drives bigger than it is too if that makes sense. Have fun with it and be safe!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome! :thumbsup:

That is a surprising find, a used CRZ with such low miles! Not sure why anyone would trade it in that soon, maybe they just didn't understand the car :p

The finance guy at the dealership I bought from told me "We can sell a car as new with up to 6000 miles on it." Which is complete crap, I'm glad your dealer didn't try to pull that one on you, too.

Hope you enjoy the car :)

I'll be joining the FL CRZ owner's in April.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on your purchase and welcome! :thumbsup:

That is a surprising find, a used CRZ with such low miles! Not sure why anyone would trade it in that soon, maybe they just didn't understand the car :p

The finance guy at the dealership I bought from told me "We can sell a car as new with up to 6000 miles on it." Which is complete crap, I'm glad your dealer didn't try to pull that one on you, too.

Hope you enjoy the car :)

I'll be joining the FL CRZ owner's in April.
Thanks everyone.

The guy traded in for a Caddy so that says a lot. Clearly gas mileage was not his thing. According to the dealer the owner said it was too small.....I was shocked when the dealer acepted offer. The only caviat was that I financed it with them. They gave me the same rate that my bank quoted me. I am paying it off in a few months anyway......I don't like car payments....Its allowing me to sell off a couple of cars using the banks $......

Shortly after getting the CRZ I bought my sweetie a used 2010 Honda Insight with 1300 miles. Saved a bunch on that one too. Her Insight has the same Navi package as my CRZ. She also had a 2001 Insight that I sold privately.....

I see you have a Del Sol. My sweetie had one in the 90's and loved it.....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thanks everyone.

The guy traded in for a Caddy so that says a lot. Clearly gas mileage was not his thing. According to the dealer the owner said it was too small.....I was shocked when the dealer acepted offer. The only caviat was that I financed it with them. They gave me the same rate that my bank quoted me. I am paying it off in a few months anyway......I don't like car payments....Its allowing me to sell off a couple of cars using the banks $......

Shortly after getting the CRZ I bought my sweetie a used 2010 Honda Insight with 1300 miles. Saved a bunch on that one too. Her Insight has the same Navi package as my CRZ. She also had a 2001 Insight that I sold privately.....

I see you have a Del Sol. My sweetie had one in the 90's and loved it.....
Oh wow, going from a CRZ to a caddy are like complete opposite ends of the spectrum. That owner obviously did not know what he wanted, but it worked out to your benefit!

Those are definitely good finds. I tried getting a discount or some freebies with mine since it had 140 miles on it... but the dealer wouldn't budge :thumbdown:

Yes I love my del sol and I hope I never have to part with it! It was my first car and although I've put it through alot (including a slight ricer phase :sleep:) it still remains faithful to me. It is what got me hooked on Hondas.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome to the site... sounds like you got an awesome deal.

As others have said - it certainly sounds like the last owner didn't know what he wanted, or just didn't understand/like the car for some reason... but good for you :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
welcome Ralphie!! I live in the kissimmee area, i'm trying to organize a central florida GTG. I bought mine at Coggin Jax and drove it down to O-town the same day. My son and 1/2 of our twins live in Jax. I originally went to get a loaded Fit, but we fell in love with the CR-Z. THe North Shore blue was not my first choice, but the only one they could find for me that was base with CVT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.