Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
It reminds me more of something an Acura would have with its sharp beak thing going on. I really like the front end of the crz even though it is a knock off of the rx8. The only improvement I would really care for is the rear. Especially to not make it look so prius like.

·
Registered
542 Posts
maybe its a revival of the EG/EK/EP body styles? well from the looks of the drawing probably not. I still don't understand why hatchback sales in US take a dump yet SUVs and CUVs dominate the market. a hatchback is basically the same thing for less money...

·
Registered
9 Posts
maybe its a revival of the EG/EK/EP body styles? well from the looks of the drawing probably not. I still don't understand why hatchback sales in US take a dump yet SUVs and CUVs dominate the market. a hatchback is basically the same thing for less money...
And lower running costs...
I can only remember my wife's argument for a large car or SUV: "I like to drive high up"... Guess it's a woman's thing...

·
Registered
216 Posts
And lower running costs...
I can only remember my wife's argument for a large car or SUV: "I like to drive high up"... Guess it's a woman's thing...
Actually, hatchback sales have been on the rise in the U.S. for several years. Here's an article from 2011:

Americans Will Buy Hatchbacks After All: Who Knew?

And that was before Toyota expanded the Prius line. They're all hatchbacks and Toyota sells almost a quarter million a year in the U.S.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Alcides said:
I think it's a scared driver thing. I'm a woman and I'm fine driving with my butt on the pavement, but I know plenty of people (male and female) who think they need to be in a tank with the illusion that they can see into the next state.

My only issue with hatchbacks in the beginning was the inability to hide stuff. Then some clever person came up with the cargo cover.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think it's a scared driver thing.
This. I have seen people who are otherwise more careful (or scared) drivers buy SUVs and become terrors. On the other hand, I have also seen people (I do not want to be sexist, but they are all women in this case) who were timid to the point of being dangerous (driving too slowly for traffic, stopping when they were not able to merge, etc) become more confident (or more aware) and drive more like normal drivers.

There is a break-even point somewhere, and that is why I think the compact SUVs are so incredibly popular. They are only a little bit larger in volume (I think our CRZ have about 25% less total volume than the CR-V), and they have small engines (compared to truck-sized SUVs), but the driver sits up higher.

My only issue with hatchbacks in the beginning was the inability to hide stuff. Then some clever person came up with the cargo cover.
Cargo covers worked so well, they started putting them on SUVs. :) All my hatchbacks came with cargo covers originally, but by the time I would buy the car, the cover would be long gone. My '89 CRX was the first that I had the cover...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts