Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new CR-Z today. Silver EX with manual transmission (the only way to own this care - trust me), and Navi system. I was a little worried about the rear view but it doesn't seem to be that bad. I was also worried about the Navi system but overall, it is pretty cool. There is so much to know language to talk to the Navi system. My only problem is I have an iPhone 3GS running 4.2. I pared it with my bluetooth, but I can't seem to do a "call home" or commands like that. So I plugged it into the USB adapter but I don't think I can do that from there either. I might be doing something wrong because I haven't read the Navigation Manual all the way yet. I did an import of all my names into the system but it pulled in so many names I don't care about, that I want to delete most of them.

Anyway, I am extreamly happy with my choice. Haven't put it into Sports Mode yet but it is enough for me.

Bill

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car. Hope you get the phone issue solved. My DROID synced up without a problem, so I can't help, sorry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably saw you in the Rockledge Publix shopping center about 3 weeks ago. I was picking up a Pizza and I saw this CR-Z in line to leave the center. I almost thought of stopping (I hadn't picked mine up yet) and going to your car and asking you how you liked it but thought it would be creepy and scary if I came up to your car at 7:00 PM. There ain't very many around so it almost had to be you. How do you like it. See my next post about my impressions. The car is blowing me away with all its goodies. I just love it. I was really worried when I read the Consumer Reports article. I am so glad I bought it.

Bill

·
Registered
579 Posts
I probably saw you in the Rockledge Publix shopping center about 3 weeks ago. I was picking up a Pizza and I saw this CR-Z in line to leave the center. I almost thought of stopping (I hadn't picked mine up yet) and going to your car and asking you how you liked it but thought it would be creepy and scary if I came up to your car at 7:00 PM. There ain't very many around so it almost had to be you. How do you like it. See my next post about my impressions. The car is blowing me away with all its goodies. I just love it. I was really worried when I read the Consumer Reports article. I am so glad I bought it.

Bill
Could have been me. What day exactly? I dont remember being at that publix that late. If it was a black CRZ, it could've been me. I actually use the PIX hands/brush free car wash there every week. Very good car wash btw. But never that late. It's okay, i get pple walking up to me all the time asking about the car. So i'd feel flattered if you would have. But I understand your position. I'd be hesitant as well. I call when you see a crz a "crz sighting" at this point. When you see it, your like, wait..that was a crz, wasnt it?! Like seeing bigfoot in the forest. *lol*

Yea those reports are hogwash. Once I test drove the car, all those reviews went out the window. I still look forward getting into my crz and ive had it since last august. Its just such a unique car. I get so many compliments from all ages and walks of life. It's a great feeling. For all the tech gadgets and small things you get in the car, you'd pay at least 5-10k more on any other car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My only problem is I have an iPhone 3GS running 4.2. I pared it with my bluetooth, but I can't seem to do a "call home" or commands like that.
You can still use the iPhone's voice commands over bluetooth, but you have to hold the iPhone's home button to activate them. Holding the bluetooth activation button on the steering wheel won't do it.

I've tried it for phone calls, and it works just fine. I haven't tried controlling the music that way yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.