Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Bought a 2011 CR-Z EX-NAVI. Dealer said they were not suppose to start releasing sales until 8-24-10. Don't know how true, but walked out the door at 10 pm with the car on the 23rd. Absolutley love this car. Dealer added alot of options to the one I took. Didn't want them but this was the only one with nav. Options included all exterior spoilers, wheel locks, lighted sill plates w/CRZ in blue, tinted windows, fog lights, hid head lights, up graded wheels and tires, 7 speed auto, satelite navigation ect... Walked out paying 23,690 and this includes 8-120 extended warentee and the gap insurance, also includes a 2500 trade in. The hands free blue-tooth is crystal clear, nav-I am still learning. Very quick in sport mode when using the paddle shifters. Normal mode is as expected, NORMAL. The eco mode is exacally that eco, but on first tank so far getting 41-44 combo milage. Very agressive looking from the front. The ride has also impressed me as I was expecting a much more rougher ride for the sporty CR-Z. Can't really complain but except for it is harder to see out the back than the previous CRX. Plus it still fits in my garage sharing with a full size Ram 2500 and my work shop. Also love how the dash can be programable to what ever you like to be displayed. Enough for now will update later as Honda says the milage will get better after break in...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello again all.. First tank lasted 447.8 miles. put in 10.5 gals of fuel. First full tank got 42.647 per gal. Computer read 42.4. Usually the car computers are alot more in difference, as in my truck it always reads about 1.2 to 2.0 gal difference, I was glad to see that as I am now reading 48.1 miles per gal (per computer reading). First tank included several sport test drives with co-workers, so hoping this tank will hold out for 45 plus. Will up date again after 2nd tank. Dealer said something about it will get better after "break-in" Anyone know when "break-in" is?? Is it a certain milage? My comute is 20 min. city and 30 min. highway, so not quite 50/50 city hwy..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey bizzy, I was bored at work tonight so I did do alot of post. After driving home I am now at 48.5 MPG per computer. I must say I am holding to the speed limit to and from work, always in eco and this tank (so far) is with no A/C. I have a goal of 50. If I hit it I will take picture of it and try to get it on this forum, not very tech swavy, but if i hit it I will make it happen, I am very excited with the numbers so far

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Started out today with 48.5. Lost .2 sitting in driveway taking pics while idling (wasn't thinking). So truely started my day to work with 48.3, it dropped as low as 47.7 just getting to the highway. By the time I got to work I regained everything I lost getting back to 48.5. Completely babied it when I left work for the 15 minute drive to the highway and only lost .1 so I hit the highway with 48.4 I decided to experiment with 5mph under speed limit with cruise on and not touching it. Donald this is the key I believe. By doing 5 under limit, and staying in the far r/h lane I never once had to touch brakes or turn off C/C. And everyone getting on the highway seems to always get in front of me once they see how slow I am going, so in reality I really don't bother anyone getting on or off highway, and absolutely nobody slows me down. Anyway after I returned home I now have 49.2, and yes it is in fact still climbing. I will loose at least .3 to .5 getting back to the highway but I will also regain that back again and just repeat everything again until I see no more increases or have no more fuel-lol...Matter fact I should very well see 50 next time I goto work (Thursday) if the exact same drive that took place today takes place on Thursday. I will take pictures of dash again and post on CR-Z forum cuz I know there will be some non-believers out there...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.