Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been lurking the forum for about a week. My quest for the CR-Z began in Round Rock. Where I first test drove a base CR-Z. Fell in love with it. Much more practical then a Nissan 370z. Better gas mileage, and fun to drive. Cheaper on all front.

So it came down to who had a White CVT EX in stock and willing to give me a good deal. I will skip the haggling process with many dealers. So after extending my reseach online to find the nearest White CR-Z EX was in South Side San Antonio. Called them up and it had a LOT of extras already on the car. List includes:

Full Window Tint $300
Body Side Molding $400
CRZ Light Door Sills $400
Mud Flaps $ 99
All Season Mats $99
Cargo Tray $99

So all in all done and said I got the CR-Z with the mods Except the all season and Cargo Tray for 22,425 which is a tad over MSRP with 1,000k worth of extra crap. Which is better then either other two dealers would go. they stuck to 22,160 for the EX at MSRP since they had to dealer trade.

So I traded in the Z lost some debt and got a new ride. I am pretty excited about this car. It is going to be a real blast to drive.

The Parting Pictures

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice! I should have taken a picture of my car too side by side. Had an Audi TT Quattro and a winter beater Golf. Traded in the audi and sold the golf...im quite happy with my decision. I also got the white CR-Z.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the 370z forum is wondering why I went with a CR-Z. They all move up to Porsche and GTRs. However I find the CRZ to be a better ****pit, as well as city traveler. that and speed wasn't on the checklist anymore.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yeah, the 370z forum is wondering why I went with a CR-Z. They all move up to Porsche and GTRs. However I find the CRZ to be a better ****pit, as well as city traveler. that and speed wasn't on the checklist anymore.
i understand. i wanted to get an Evo X but didnt because i got a job in the city and i live in a pretty urban area too (used to live in Miami FL). AWD would be nice in the snow but i would never come close to giving that car a good run in the stop and go traffic here. It didnt make sense at all especially considering the huge cost difference between that and the CRZ. The car fits well into my current lifestyle and I have no regrets.

·
Registered
579 Posts
wait wait...you traded in your sexy 370z for a crz? Dont get me wrong, the crz is great, but...wth?! lol Man that mustve been a hard decision. I can understand the cost argument of it at the end. But man, that would've been a hard part for me in general. It was hard to part my 13 year old prelude.

Nevertheless amigo, congrats on the buy. I bet they're grilling you on the Z forums. Yikes! Ahhwell, you've got new friends now!

I bet that honda delearship was even like WHAT?!! They're gonna use that as a sells ploy too for the crz. "Oh yeah, the crz is an amazing car. We had a guy not too long ago trade in his brand new 370z sports car for a crz!" *lol* Those sales guys...gosh..arnt they just funny?! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats on the new ride :D I hope they gave you a good deal on the trade-in (NIMSO Z will hold its value very well). Also, it sounds like they gave you a good OTD despite all the accessories. And wow, they really overpriced those sills.

Look at it this way - those few times when you did rip the Z, yea, it's a lot of fun. But all those other times when you were just driving down the road, it just uses much more fuel and is costing a lot more cash (tires, pads, rotors, etc.) than the CRZ would.

Plus, I found I could get away with speeding a lot more in the Civic. I've been pulled over several times in the STi and at a slower speed than I could pass cops with in the Civic.

Oh, and insurance!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We should be friends. Got my reasons down to a T

Congrats on the new ride :D I hope they gave you a good deal on the trade-in (NIMSO Z will hold its value very well). Also, it sounds like they gave you a good OTD despite all the accessories. And wow, they really overpriced those sills.

Look at it this way - those few times when you did rip the Z, yea, it's a lot of fun. But all those other times when you were just driving down the road, it just uses much more fuel and is costing a lot more cash (tires, pads, rotors, etc.) than the CRZ would.

Plus, I found I could get away with speeding a lot more in the Civic. I've been pulled over several times in the STi and at a slower speed than I could pass cops with in the Civic.

Oh, and insurance!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bet that honda delearship was even like WHAT?!! They're gonna use that as a sells ploy too for the crz. "Oh yeah, the crz is an amazing car. We had a guy not too long ago trade in his brand new 370z sports car for a crz!" *lol* Those sales guys...gosh..arnt they just funny?! :)
Funny you said that. A guy at the dealer I went to spun some story about this guy who he sold a CRZ to and the guy ended up selling his '10 GT500 KR Super Snake because he said the CRZ was way more fun. Yeeeeah, ok.

·
Registered
674 Posts
550i -> CR-Z here. You can get bored with anything.

One thing I can't do is trade cars in - the dealer offers are always beyond ridiculous.

I had a 350Z couple of years ago - tons of fun, sold it because of 5-0 attention and the ease with which one can kill himself in one of these things, but everyone has to try one at least once in their life.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.