Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dropped my new CR-Z off at dealer last night for a paint defect. I found a gouge in the paint under the right illuminated door sill that i didn't catch before. I have a feeling the installing tech damaged it and perhaps hoped I didn't see it. If so, that is pretty dishonest. The gouge can actually be seen when the door is closed, which is pretty bad. I guess I was too excited when I first saw it to notice the defect. They actually gave me my traded in Civic Hybrid as a loaner car, which actually made me a bit emotional. I had a great attachment to the car. Blah!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had to take my CRZ back in my 1st week of ownership because there was a bubble about 1" wide and 4-5" long forming in the fabric of the passenger side door. It looks like glue was either improperly or inadequately applied in that area.

Dealer agreed there was a problem and ordered a new panel for me via over night shipping. I was able to pick it back up the next day and the new panel was perfect. All looked brand new again.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
when i picked mine up me and the salesman (S2KLegend) requested that the outside not be prepped so they dont make any swirl or scratch marks. Doin a walk around noticed some wierd marks on the paint like fish eyes but thought it was from being dirty and a good wash would fix it, nope almost every panel has them and not sure if they can be detailed out or if it needs a whole new respray. Contacted him and he says he is trying to contact a detail buddy of his but i have not heard back from him, but he did give me some touch up paint for a chip in the hood i got.:angry: Any one know how to deal with them?

Also had a "bubble" on my arm rest on the pass door un the back section where the arm blends into the door like the material didnt adhear well on the curve. Wonder if i should bring it the thier attension.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Also had a "bubble" on my arm rest on the pass door un the back section where the arm blends into the door like the material didnt adhear well on the curve. Wonder if i should bring it the thier attension.
That sounds like the issue I had. It was where a passenger's elbow would rest; where the fabric curves from the vertical section of the door to the horizontal section of the arm rest. The fabric wasn't sticking to this curve and pulled away from the door about the size of your middle finger.

If that's what you have I would definitely take it in. They replaced mine right away.

Hmm, I'm wondering if this is a common issue?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should get my CR-Z back tomorrow. I'm angry though since the dealer didn't catch the defect. The fact that the damage was right below where the doorsill was installed tells me 2 things. 1. It was damaged before sill install. Tech had to have seen it and chose to ignore it. 2. It was actually damaged by tech during install and he chose to ignore it. It just shows a dealer lack of attention to detail or hoping that the customer won't find the damage. I am pushing the sales guy to find out what happened from the tech. Not trying to be a jerk, but I shouldn't have to inspect every square inch of a brand new car. My Civic Hybrid had cosmetic damage from same car dealer and I had it in the shop 2 different times for 5-10 days to get it repaired. The fact that my 2nd car in a row had the same lack of attention means I doubt I will buy from this dealer again. Not sure where my complains are going to lead, but someone needs some consequences.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
What was the proposed fix? Are they just touching it up and then wet-sanding/polishing the affected area?
more than likely... depending on how deep the scratch is... since it's not on an outside panel and could be fixed this way... i personally wouldn't mind it being fixed this way...

the other way, painting it over, would mean literally a respray of the entire panel affected including nearby panels since it's pearl paint... way too much work for a dealer to fix a scratch...

i do agree, that either YOU should look at the car thoroughly b4 leaving next time... or buy somewhere else, and STILL look at the car b4 you leave... either way, good luck and let us know how it goes :popcorn:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My friend had a bunch of problems with his srt4 back in 04 and his dad was also a lexus salesman. Apparently the lemon law here in florida says that if a brand new car needs paint work, it's a lemon, and you're entitled to a full refund. Not sure if that applies where you are, or if you would want to take it that far. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got my CR-Z back Friday and it looks perfect. I'm a happy camper now. Just have to pay more attention next time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had a cracked fog light on the drivers side that I didn't notice until the day after I picked up my car. I pointed it out to the salesman who made arrangements for me to get the light replaced when I had my XM and armrest installed. No one noticed this defect since the fog lights are rather low and you can't see them unless you look under the bumper.

Other than that, the dealership found an over torqued screw in the shift box in the console when they were installing the armrest. They also replaced that for me.

I got to drive a new Accord coupe with all the bells and whistles while the car was in the shop, so I didn't care. All is well now.

sparrow

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That sounds like the issue I had. It was where a passenger's elbow would rest; where the fabric curves from the vertical section of the door to the horizontal section of the arm rest. The fabric wasn't sticking to this curve and pulled away from the door about the size of your middle finger.

If that's what you have I would definitely take it in. They replaced mine right away.

Hmm, I'm wondering if this is a common issue?
It might be. Because I have it, too. Right where you said. Passenger armrest transition from vert. to horiz.

Damn.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It might be. Because I have it, too. Right where you said. Passenger armrest transition from vert. to horiz.

Damn.
I too have the same problem with the door panel fabric. I haven't took the car back in yet, but have pressed the bubble down. It works for a day or two, but the bubble eventually pops back up. Just annoying more than anything, but quality control should have noticed this defect before the car was shipped.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.