Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until I purchased the CRZ I had been driving a vehicle from 1988.

Needless to say, all of the nanny garbage they've added to cars over the past 23 years is a little off-putting.

I can deal with all of it really except for one thing:
Those unimaginably hideous airbag warning stickers.

They appear to have been designed to be both as ugly, and as irremovable, as possible.
Every time I look at them I get more and more annoyed.

What are my options here?
They have to go ... even if it involves entirely removing the damn visors.
(Although I really don't want it to come to that.)

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ they are required on all cars today - Nothing you can do - Federal regulations - Safety requirements - that is unless you plan on keeping it... Then go fer it... Maybe...

·
Registered
298 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly on the stickers. It's not like airbags are some newfangled thing that no one knows about. And even if they don't...what are you going to do about it? It's not like you can choose to disable them!

WARNING: This vehicle is filled with combustible liquid, electrochemical cells, weighs damn near a ton, and moves fast enough to kill a man without touching the accelerator. If you can't figure out that an accident will have consequences, use public transport.

·
Registered
669 Posts

Needless to say, all of the nanny garbage they've added to cars over the past 23 years is a little off-putting.

They appear to have been designed to be both as ugly, and as irremovable, as possible.

A long time ago, some of the S2000 guys came up with stickers to cover the warnings.

Google Image Result for http://teamtadashi.com/visors/large_installed.jpg

There is a way, not sure if there are any choices these days.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Could you just peel 'em off and use goo gone to clean up where the stickers were?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I hate the stupid stickers on my driver side window telling me my car is known to cause birth defects... I mean your line of sight already is tiny due to the funny beltline - and now there is a gimungo sticker? Thanks USA Fed-Regs.

I love these for my Dodge Charger... too bad there is no similar company for Honda. They do custom engraving but I doubt the rectangle dimensions match up.

Billet Sun Visor Disguisers

·
Registered
689 Posts
I hate the stupid stickers on my driver side window telling me my car is known to cause birth defects... I mean your line of sight already is tiny due to the funny beltline - and now there is a gimungo sticker? Thanks USA Fed-Regs.

I love these for my Dodge Charger... too bad there is no similar company for Honda. They do custom engraving but I doubt the rectangle dimensions match up.

I dont have any sticker on my car saying it causes birth defects, I think that is your Cali-Regs doign that and not Fed-Regs.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts

I peeled it off and used Stoner Glass cleaner and a razor blade to clean off the goo. Goo Gone did not work for cleaning it off.

·
Registered
106 Posts

I think covering them is good idea.

But if you really want to...

You can re-order new warning stickers if you change your mind, I think.

-Roger

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I've seen other people remove the warning labels from the visors with acetone, but the visors were a slightly different material, vinyl-like, whereas the CR-Z has a more cloth-like covering. There was a DIY on honda-tech but the site it links to with photos is down permanently otherwise I'd share it.

Not sure about the metal-plate cover, I wouldn't want that anywhere near my head even with a bucket-seat, roll-bar and 6-point harnesses. No need for a head-gash just to cover a warning label with an unsightly piece of metal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I would totally try the Goof Off thing, but the more I look at them the less I think they are just stickers.

Have you felt the ones in the CRZ?
Around the edges is an indentation that kinda makes me think there is no fabric underneath it.

The idea to cover them up with some sort of custom sticker seems interesting.
I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Why are they on the outside of the visors? Both of my parents cars, nicer quality than Honda (Infinity and Jag) have the labels on the INSIDE of the visor, so it's got to be down to expose the ugly yellow label.

And like others have said, the stickers couldn't be more pointless!! We all know new cars have airbags and we have to have them.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Why are they on the outside of the visors? Both of my parents cars, nicer quality than Honda (Infinity and Jag) have the labels on the INSIDE of the visor, so it's got to be down to expose the ugly yellow label.

And like others have said, the stickers couldn't be more pointless!! We all know new cars have airbags and we have to have them.
It is the same reason McDonalds coffee says "Hot" on the outside. It is because if they didn't some fool will sue them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
A long time ago, some of the S2000 guys came up with stickers to cover the warnings.
And some of us clever owners bought sun visors in Canada, where they have fewer lawyers and did not need such big ugly warning labels. :)

Maybe the Canadian CR-Z is also devoid of these silly stickers???

·
Registered
249 Posts
Anyone know if you order a new visor will it come with the sticker already on it?
IMHO it has to come that way, it's part of the visor, it's not just a crack-n-peal sticker, it is part of the actual visor material

·
Registered
669 Posts
And some of us clever owners bought sun visors in Canada, where they have fewer lawyers and did not need such big ugly warning labels. :)

Maybe the Canadian CR-Z is also devoid of these silly stickers???
That's another way around it, but I'm 100% sure that my little stickers from Rick's Motoring were WAY less than all new visors. Anyway, picked up a leather shift boot at the same time. Those were great times back in the early days of S2000s.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's another way around it, but I'm 100% sure that my little stickers from Rick's Motoring were WAY less than all new visors.
I guarantee you the stickers were cheaper, but, for me, covering up a sticker with another sticker was just not an option :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.