Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ had those on my 07 Civic Hybrid... Looked nice. Worked well. Am sure I sacrificed some mileage.. Noted when traded it in for me CR-Z, it (my Civic Hybrid) sold the next day. I still see it around and still looks good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ had those on my 07 Civic Hybrid... Looked nice. Worked well. Am sure I sacrificed some mileage.. Noted when traded it in for me CR-Z, it (my Civic Hybrid) sold the next day. I still see it around and still looks good.
similar thing happened to me.....

i traded my 07 civic EX (dropped, Si wheels, full tint....)

it sold just a couple days after they got done certifying it

i had it for 3 years exactly and kept it flawless!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm confused about something- maybe someone can get me on the right track. I've seen many, many threads discussing rim weights. Of course, the larger diameter rims are going to weight more because there's more metal. But, wouldn't the tire be somewhat less weight and thus compensate a bit? Should we be talking about "wheel" (i.e., rim and tire) weight combined? I realize this may be a little challenging with so many tire combos possible, but with unsprung weight being the equivalent of 4x the sprung weight (so I'm told), isnt talking about just the rim weights only part of the equation?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm confused about something- maybe someone can get me on the right track. I've seen many, many threads discussing rim weights. Of course, the larger diameter rims are going to weight more because there's more metal. But, wouldn't the tire be somewhat less weight and thus compensate a bit? Should we be talking about "wheel" (i.e., rim and tire) weight combined? I realize this may be a little challenging with so many tire combos possible, but with unsprung weight being the equivalent of 4x the sprung weight (so I'm told), isnt talking about just the rim weights only part of the equation?
our stock tires (195/55-16 dunlop sp sport 7000) are 19 lbs each

tires for aftermarket wheels are gonna be heavier 24-26 lbs each (depending)

continental DW's are probably some of the lightest (20-22 lb. area)

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I know it is a kill-joy, but out of all the wheels I've seen - cannot find anything I would want to replace my aluminum Honda OEM 17" with - after the lowering and rear spacers... Still waiting to find something..

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know it is a kill-joy, but out of all the wheels I've seen - cannot find anything I would want to replace my aluminum Honda OEM 17" with - after the lowering and rear spacers... Still waiting to find something..
the cr-z 17's look great on white and gray .....

they look bad on red.....

i've been to many different dealerships (in working for honda) so ive seen

every color wearing the 17's....

for some reason i didnt like the 17's on the red....

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
the cr-z 17's look great on white and gray .....

they look bad on red.....

i've been to many different dealerships (in working for honda) so ive seen

every color wearing the 17's....

for some reason i didnt like the 17's on the red....
Ah, yes - You absolutely correct.. Can't see those on the Red... Anxiously awaiting your choice and pics...

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.