Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's snowing here in the Northeast part of the state. Just wanted to see if anyone can recommend a great snow brush that won't scratch the finish/paint.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anything will scratch if it is dirty.

Lived in the Northeast for 40+ years, what you have to watch for is slush and roadspray ... not the brush.

The brush will pick that crap up and scratch the paint ... especially when it is frozen-crusted on.

Keep the car clean ... that is the best pre-emptive strike you can do about scratches.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
going in with my flame suit on with this one, but im gonna say it. I do the bear minimum when i brush off the car in the morning, then go straight to the DIY spray wash and just power wash all the snow off. Melts off the snow, no scratches!

I have a 6 km city drive though i dont even make it over 60km/h so im usually good. I do the lights and windows, then power wash all the crap off then go to work.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
going in with my flame suit on with this one, but im gonna say it. I do the bear minimum when i brush off the car in the morning, then go straight to the DIY spray wash and just power wash all the snow off. Melts off the snow, no scratches!

I have a 6 km city drive though i dont even make it over 60km/h so im usually good. I do the lights and windows, then power wash all the crap off then go to work.
That'll work too if you have the time and a DIY close to home. Me - Snow - cold - nice cozy bed, hard to get up - especially when spouse is snuggling up and dog laying accross feet. By the time I am out to car, time to brush/defrost and go...

I have a standard scraper/brush. Don't remember the make. But it does the job. When using on the hood or painted areas, I only use the brush and don't take it down to the paint. Just brush off enough to clear visibility.

Disclaimer: have not driven CR-Z in snow, use the other car - AWD. Guess is the point is, would not worry to much about it. Just brush enough to clear the view - use the defrost or maybe a de-icer for the thin layer which is left after you brushon the windows. Just brush off enough on the hood/top to keep it from blowing off or obstructing view.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Sorry guys I used a brush on mine, but what I did do is keep the brissels facing away from the direction I was going and did not press hard plus the snow was still cold and not sticking to the car at all. I plan on doing a light compound in the spring to get rid of "fisheyes" that I got when I bought the car so will get it all nicey nice when it gets warmer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
mostly all brushes will leave some sort of mark on the clear coat and will have to be waxed when the weather gets better. I put on a pair of cloth or cotton gloves nothing to expensive and my jacket sleeve, then leave the gloves in the car. Your arm and glove can remove more snow than any brush.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.