Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to tackle my speaker swap today in the crz. Everything went smoothly till I decided to turn the car on and realized that the navi went into anti theft mode from disconnecting the battery. Anyways I did some googling and figured out how to get my unlock pin through the radio.navicode.honda.com website. I found my "audio code" hand written in the service history book (I bought the car pre-owned.) I punched that into the website along with my vin and other information and was given 3 different codes. However...none of those codes are working to unlock my navi. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or of this is the right code even. I'm getting the message as soon as I turn the key "enter pin" with a number pad asking for 5 number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked in my glove box there's no sticker or nothing unless it's hidden behind a panel or something. I'm not sure exactly what code I need even. When I turn the accessories on the oe navi unit turns on and brings me directly to this enter pin screen. The "ok" button doesn't become clickable until 5 numbers are entered so I'm assuming it's a 5 digit code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What year is your car? Mine is a 2012 and it only asked for 4 digits.

To get the nav #, I held "map", "menu", and "cancel" together. Then when the menu popped up, I selected "unit" and then "ecu".

·
Registered
452 Posts
When in doubt you have your registration its clearly your car, just take it in to the dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RESOLVED: I was using the incorrect serial number. My cars a 2013. For future reference on the navi units the serial code is acquired by holding mapguide dest and cancel on the enter pin window. It opens another menu and you need to click through a few options to get to the navi serial number. Then enter that will the vin and other info onto the navi code website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts