Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I need some help replacing the CRZ's stock lighter with the CRZ's stock Power Outlet.

Unfortunately the car came to me with the lighter installed:

But i am not a smoker so it is useless to me...

There was also the optional Power Outlet Plug in the sunglasses compartment:

but there were no installation instructions so i have no idea how to replace it.

Any idea about how to do it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not 100% positive, but I think that the "power outlet" is just an alternate 'cover' for the cigarette lighter's power port.
I don't think so because it has also a cylindrical part that goes inside where the lighter port is now. Also when i tried a car phone charger into the lighter power port there was no charge so there is somehow something different between them.

from what i can tell it just looks like the black outer casing around the power source just pops out and gets replaced with the "power outlet" casing
As far as i can tell there is no obvious way to pop it out.

BTW what do your CRZ's have installed? The lighter or the power port?

·
Registered
675 Posts
could i have the smoking outlet if youre not using it no more :] hahaha

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think people in Greece smoke a 'little' more than people US, they cater to the market I guess.
Yeah, i think you are right!

I wish they would ask before installing one or the other :-(

We have the flip open power cover in the US, it springs back when empty.
The one i am holding on the photo right? Do you see anything obvious in your installed one about a way to pop it out? Maybe somewhere to push before pulling it out or something? I am trying to reverse engineer the way it is installed.

A guy from the dealership told me that they probably have to disassemble everything in that panel to do it but they weren't sure as it's the first time there was this request for such a new car. I guess they will have to do their research too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The most common way to mount a cigarette lighter is just pushing it through the hole in the board. While doing this, plastic clips are being pressed together, snapping apart behind the board.
To remove this type of cigarette lighter, you have first to get behind the board somehow :cry: and squeeze the clips while pushing the lighter out to the front.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, after checking a bit around, I couldn't find an easy way to reach behind the lighter without removing some of the side panels.

It seems nobody here has an idea of how to do it so i will have to go and check with the dealership next week. If i find the way i will post it here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.