Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Loaded question with lots of possible answers.

For wiring it kind of depends on what year CR-Z you started with and what engine you plopped in.

For shifter cables they generally match your transmission and then you modify the CR-Z shifter or buy the adjustable shifter like the one for the CR-Z from hybrid racing.

K swaps are not too popular here and not terribly welcome by a few. You will find more like minded owners over on H-T. My K24Z7 swap details are over there.

· Registered
2,256 Posts
K swaps are not too popular here and not terribly welcome by a few. You will find more like minded owners over on H-T. My K24Z7 swap details are over there.
K swaps are perfectly welcome here (and there were a whole bunch before you even arrived here). It's just that the overwhelming majority of people aren't going around and buying cars that only have ~77,000 miles with the intention of ripping out nearly all the major components and working on it for a month straight to get out all the kinks. That's why advocating to swap the engine every other time someone asks about a particular performance upgrade or needing to replace a mechanical component is and will continue to be met with some sardonicism. Plus not everyone has an engine hoist and air compressor laying around, an open spot in the garage (or even a house with a garage) or thousands of dollars for labor and spare car to use in the meantime. If you want to go fast you can just board an Airbus A320 for a hundred dollars or vacation somewhere with high speed rail, both of those are faster than cars.

If they come here specifically asking about K swap, like this thread, then have at it, its all you bro! Finally someone comes around with a question right up your alley, don' tell them it's a loaded question, this is your calling!

· Registered
486 Posts
These guys sell plug-n-play K-swap harnesses for our cars. They have harnesses for both '11-'12 and '13-'16. They are actively running their K-swap Z on the drag strip, so you can shoot them your questions as well.
2nrs CR-Z Products

For the shifter cables, @Nivek has a lot of info on his YouTube channel, specifically discussing the shifter cables and transmission choices.
https://www.youtube.com/user/deltoid61

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These guys sell plug-n-play K-swap harnesses for our cars. They have harnesses for both '11-'12 and '13-'16. They are actively running their K-swap Z on the drag strip, so you can shoot them your questions as well.
2nrs CR-Z Products

For the shifter cables, @Nivek has a lot of info on his YouTube channel, specifically discussing the shifter cables and transmission choices.
https://www.youtube.com/user/deltoid61
Thanks bro I will get in contact with him

· Registered
1,156 Posts
2nrs leaves out the part about CAN bus compatibility. The harness options looks nice and will maybe get the engine to run. Integration for the gauges working and AC and cruise control is a whole different ballgame.

· Registered
486 Posts
2nrs leaves out the part about CAN bus compatibility. The harness options looks nice and will maybe get the engine to run. Integration for the gauges working and AC and cruise control is a whole different ballgame.
Are you saying that none of the AC or gauges work when using their harnesses? Did you DIY your own harness instead?

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Doesn't matter who's harness you use. The donor car CAN bus doesn't line up with what the CR-Z is expecting.

But yes I made my own harness and have some hardware doing CAN manipulation and spoofing. Absolutely everything works and is fully Integrated on my swap. The IMA light is also off.

· Registered
K-RZ [email protected], 551 Hp 400 TQ
266 Posts
Doesn't matter who's harness you use. The donor car CAN bus doesn't line up with what the CR-Z is expecting.

But yes I made my own harness and have some hardware doing CAN manipulation and spoofing. Absolutely everything works and is fully Integrated on my swap. The IMA light is also off.
i have found 2010-11 CRZ the most compatible regarding wiring, Can bus and even the VSA works without any modification to wiring. the most simple wiring you can do for a K-swap. just 6-7 wires in plug-A, and some changes to c124 plug to c101. thats it.
regarding AC no extra wiring is needed as far i know. My K-Turbo CRZ uses K-series Ac compressor and My K-Fit uses Mazda RX8 Ac compressor with a custom made bracket. don't ask why but it does and it works. Bone chilling cool;)
and i have ran Rx8 bigger throttlebody too when i was NA.

· Registered
K-RZ [email protected], 551 Hp 400 TQ
266 Posts
Got Question for my kswap ppl crz Need some help Anybody know where I can get my harness done and what shifter cable do you guy use it thanks
Will glad to help. here check my build thread regarding k-Swap and all the wiring diagrams and than turboing if you wanna
here is video series covering in detail
Also Since K-swapped CRZ don't have bolt-on headers and exhaust options right now so i recommend go turbo route from beginning because you have to do same custom exhaust work for NA or a turbo setup.
My up coming K-turbo CRZ/Fit series will address this in detail. Will cover custom manifolds, water cooling of turbo, battery shifting to back, PCV system routing, Intercooler pipes routing etc etc
1st episode is already out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts