Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
1. Get a nice cool beverage, sit in your car kick some tunes.

2. Push the boot collar down, it will pop out from a fitting under the knob.

3. Get an adjustable wrench or wrench i dont know the size something metric will do.

4. look under the knob, you will see a piece that has two notches in it put your wrench on that for leverage, and twist counter clockwise on the knob.

5. should become unstuck and you can freely take it off from there.

6. Enjoy the 5 other "rootbeers" you brought out while admiring your new upgrade.

·
Registered
822 Posts
are you talking about removing an automatic shifter? if so, there are two screws that need to be removed. One is located just below the shift button underneath a little plastic piece that needs to be removed. And the other on the shaft. Once they are off, the shifter slides right out.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I wrote up a short how to in my build thread. It's VERY easy to do. I finally swapped out the CR-Z auto shift knob for the Fit Sport version.
To remove the stock shifter:
1. Remove the key cover to the left of the shifter.
2. Put your key into the opening and put the shifter into neutral-KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE!!- the car is still NOT running!
3. Remove the lower Philips screw on the shifter- its facing towards the front of the car.
4. Remove the cover, about an inch above the lower screw, over the second Philips screw with a very small flathead screwdriver.
5. Remove the second Philips screw.
6. You can now pull up on the CR-Z shifter VERY EASILY. There is no need to yank, pry or otherwise use ANY force to remove the shifter. It literally glides off!
7. You can now replace with a new shifter of your choice.
8. Reverse steps 5-1 and enjoy your new shifter!!
The ENTIRE procedure should take no more 10 minutes!
Here is mine:

Side by comparison:

Drivers view

Passengers view:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I want to do the shift knob swap from the Fit also. I have Classico leather seats that are black with blue stitching and I had my center console redone with black leather with blue stitching now I just need the new shift knob

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
any one have the part number for the "cover"?
All I can find is the whole assembly of the knob as one unit...not split up in different parts - but maybe try other Honda part sights to see if you can find it in individual parts

click here to see what I found

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.