Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2015 Z for 2 months. Love the car. Fits me perfectly. I’m not real high tech but I got my i phone paired up and it works good but my navigation screen controls seem to be not working properly. Sometimes the voice activation does what I tell it to and sometimes it says a command was not heard bla bla bla. Manually putting in an address is impossible. I get part of the house # in and it gives me no choices that are correct. There are other things about it that I just cannot figure out and no I have not read a lot in the manual about it. I took it to the Honda dealer here and they had a couple guys that sorta know about it but no one could tell me definitely how things worked. They can do a diagnosis on the system for $80. Is that something I should look into to make sure the system itself is working?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2016 and it took me a while to learn how to use the NAV, it is not as simple as the one on my mazda 3. U have to click on the talk button and a menu on your screen will come up where you can click on address or you can say the city/state first then say the house number and street next. I really dont like the NAV on the CR-Z and I hate honda for giving their 2016 civics and accords carplay and garmin NAV which are free to update online. Our NAV is $149 to update which I am not sure if its worth the money. The hondalink on our cars are also useless unlike other honda cars.

Maybe instead of paying $80, buy the map update from the Honda site. I am seriously considering getting it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2016 and it took me a while to learn how to use the NAV, it is not as simple as the one on my mazda 3. U have to click on the talk button and a menu on your screen will come up where you can click on address or you can say the city/state first then say the house number and street next. I really dont like the NAV on the CR-Z and I hate honda for giving their 2016 civics and accords carplay and garmin NAV which are free to update online. Our NAV is $149 to update which I am not sure if its worth the money. The hondalink on our cars are also useless unlike other honda cars.

Maybe instead of paying $80, buy the map update from the Honda site. I am seriously considering getting it.

I can do all nav, when I need it which is almost never, from my i phone. I am good with that. It would be nice to have it work on the car but not necessary. I will call some other Honda dealers and see if there is someone that really KNOWS how it works that can show me or determine if it needs a diagnosis. Thanks very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts