Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that when going to the Honda Navi update site it lists the current turquoise DVD update as being v. 6.92 but when you look at the FAQ it says that we have the most recent update. I popped my DVD out and it says it is V. 6.81A. I wonder what has changed?

Navi works okay, but I am annoyed by trying to find points of interest by name. When searching by category it will show the closest places by proximity, but if you manually type in a place name it isn't sorted by distance at all. Hell it shows stuff 1000 miles away before 5 miles away. Also, I wish it recognized place names like "Find Starbucks" or something like that. It works great if you know the current address but if not, good to have an iPhone handy. Honda def needs to invest some dollars in their entertainment options. I wish I could transplant a Ford Sync system. I played with one of those and it is awesome. Okay, done complaining. :)

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
not sure about the version #'s etc... i wouldn't worry about it too much b/c it doesn't ADD features... all it does is updates the maps/locations with newer info... when i had my '06 Si, i would put in an address for a house in a newly developed area and it couldn't find it b/c it wasn't programmed on the map... but when i updated the disc, the address was there...

as far as features goes, even tho it's a relatively old system... be happy it's not that crap that BMW comes with... it is impossible to find places on my friends '11 M3... not to mention, they don't even list competitors like Mercedes dealerships, Honda, etc... typing in a place won't get you anywhere on those things... at least the Honda navi might bring up places far away :p

· Registered
675 Posts
BMW charges about the same. I guess they need money.

The cool thing about BMW ISOs on teh internets was that someone took out POI info for the funeral homes and instead used the space to put in a ton of speed and redlight cameras. You tell the nav to display those POIs on the map and you can see as you are coming up on a redlight camera. Brilliant.

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
:lol: that's awesome... sucks if you have to find a funeral home tho :eek:hsnap:

but on that note and not to take off topic... i heard those redlight cams are being banned across the country :woowoo: i know in FL an officer HAS to be present when the incident happens for the ticket to even be valid...

· Registered
872 Posts
..but on that note and not to take off topic... i heard those redlight cams are being banned across the country :woowoo: i know in FL an officer HAS to be present when the incident happens for the ticket to even be valid...
Oh really..?? I just happen to see'em install 2 sets of them at a couple of intersections here in Miami. That's interesting info......ok, :eek:fftopic:

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not sure about the version #'s etc... i wouldn't worry about it too much b/c it doesn't ADD features... all it does is updates the maps/locations with newer info... when i had my '06 Si, i would put in an address for a house in a newly developed area and it couldn't find it b/c it wasn't programmed on the map... but when i updated the disc, the address was there...

as far as features goes, even tho it's a relatively old system... be happy it's not that crap that BMW comes with... it is impossible to find places on my friends '11 M3... not to mention, they don't even list competitors like Mercedes dealerships, Honda, etc... typing in a place won't get you anywhere on those things... at least the Honda navi might bring up places far away :p
It does say in the FAQ that the update discs sometimes include software updates. Like for example, this system was upgraded with ipod/iphone support at some point although I wish they would update it to give a podcast menu option. You are right, we could have worse Nav systems. Just wish they would invest more money in in-car infotainment. I'm a tech nerd, what can I say?

· Registered
1 Posts
Torrents, people. Torrents. 6.92 ISOs are all over the internets. And yes, that's why I rigged my iPhone for nav :p
No, there are no active 6.92 Turquoise torrents. If you search for anything, there are tons of fake links that will take you to a fake site that will act like it will work but then ask you to become a member.

There was a 6.81A Turquiose torren created back in 2009 but it hasn't been active since.

So, unless someone is kind enough to post another one on the internet (doubtful), then the only choice is to continue to pay Honda $200 for a DVD of maps. Or, go buy a whole new portable unit with lifetime maps for $200.

· Registered
675 Posts
I admit, I didn't try to DL the thing - weening myself off the torrent addiction.

As far as cost of updates for anything that's not a factory nav - my $5 iPhone nav app updates once a quarter and these updates are free. Less than half a penny per megabyte with lifetime updates :p

· Registered
86 Posts
It would hope they change the software from time to time to make more of the cells phones compatible with the NAV. When I bought the car, I went to Version to replace my cell with one that was compatible for address book down load. I was interested in the Samsung Fascinate. One of the salesmen lent his phone to me. Although it paired with the NAV, the address book could not be imported and the phone would not pair a second time. The only fully compatible phone was an older model – LG Chocolate Touch.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Wow, I've been misled, my dealer told me the Navi didn't need updating anymore and it was automatically done via satellite. Good thing I can use my Droid as a backup.
Whoa, dealer was seriously BS'ng you or he was a serious bootcamp (newbie). Been the same NAVI system requiring a purchase of an update once a year since 2006 or 07 - on all Hondas (if you want to keep it up to date). If your still using him as an information resource - would find someone else.

· Registered
62 Posts
Whoa, dealer was seriously BS'ng you or he was a serious bootcamp (newbie). Been the same NAVI system requiring a purchase of an update once a year since 2006 or 07 - on all Hondas (if you want to keep it up to date). If your still using him as an information resource - would find someone else.
Thanks Scotty, I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since the CRZ is new, and everyone at the dealership was much nicer compared to past experiences. But that's what I get for making an impulse purchase without doing much research...=)

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Thanks Scotty, I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since the CRZ is new, and everyone at the dealership was much nicer compared to past experiences. But that's what I get for making an impulse purchase without doing much research...=)
Ah, no worries. As soon as I saw the CR-Z, it was time to trade in the Civic. Guess that qualifies as also an impulse buy.

· Registered
1 Posts
Torrents, people. Torrents. 6.92 ISOs are all over the internets.
nk, but *where* zoltiz. I'm a longtime torrent user and I googled everywhere; I either got poisoned rapidshare search engine/torrent links (you can enter any word and it will come up in the 'sponsored links'), or when I looked at sites like PirateBay or Demonoid I couldn't find it. Where did you find your torrent, or do you have a torrent of this on a seedbox somewhere...?

Thanx in advance,
GrampaD
:sadwavey:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.