Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I already ordered one, but the seller mistakenly sent something else- so i am still waiting for the replacement.
I wanted to ask if the sound qulity through this bluetooth adapter is the same like hearing music from disk on key or cd ?
Hi Eran

i purchased the following:

At first, I ran the aux cable over the silver trim piece into the compartment below and plugged in the receiver to a USB car charger. With some minor modifications, you can run an aux cable with a 90-degree connector under the trim into the compartment below. The trim comes out with a firm pull, but will need to be rotated to fully remove. The unit can run off of the minimal amount of power the USB connector supplies in the compartment, , and will boot up every time the car is turned on - meaning you will not have to manually reconnect your phone every time

As far as audio quality - nothing will beat a CD. CD quality is very high, it's to be thought of as the highest digital resolution before the human ear can no longer differentiate between a CD and something of higher quality. That being said, if you're streaming off of spotify/pandora/youtube, that will be much lower quality than a CD. The difference between BT streaming and AUX cable will be negligible if you're using a streaming app anyways

·
Registered
227 Posts
My current setup with the aux cable run behind the trim. The thing suspended on the phone cables is a recently added adapter which breaks out the USB-C port to a 3.5mm audio port and another USB-C. This makes connecting/disconnecting the phone easier since it's only one cable instead of two. Audio quality also seems better with the external DAC.
Another advantage of this setup is it will allow for using the aux port with one of the newer phones without an audio jack.
20210608_122117.jpg

61 - 62 of 62 Posts