Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
That type of adapter will not work. The USB port is specifically made to play songs from USB thumb drives or older iPod type devices. However, there are a few adapters that appear to emulate a thumbdrive for just this purpose. I purchased the Yet-M1 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074WQRPFG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details) and it does work to allow you to play music over bluetooth in the standard CD player WITHOUT using the auxiliary port. It appears to stream approximately 5 seconds of music as a buffer into a local file so the CD player picks it up as a thumbdrive. It's not perfect, but it has worked well for me over the last two weeks I've had it.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
This has been discussed before there are blue tooth adapters that connect to Aux port on front of radio. or use a simple patch cord.

See above for details

This was a wireless Blue Tooth adapter I found for another member who did not want any wires. It just plugs into the aux jack and will need to be charged once in a while . He did not like it but you might.

I added your inquiry to an existing discussion.

Please use search next time .

·
Registered
227 Posts
You would need a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the aux jack rather than the USB port. However if your phone has a headphone jack you can use a 3.5mm aux cable and plug it in directly, no Bluetooth needed. This is what I do in my 2011 with the same radio to get audio from the phone to it. Handsfree calling is still done over Bluetooth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You would need a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the aux jack rather than the USB port. However if your phone has a headphone jack you can use a 3.5mm aux cable and plug it in directly, no Bluetooth needed. This is what I do in my 2011 with the same radio to get audio from the phone to it. Handsfree calling is still done over Bluetooth.
There are some adapters that will work in the CR-Z without needing the aux port

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Not for Blue tooth on a non Nav radio that I have seen. Non Nav radios use blue tooth for phone only not audio. For audio you need an adapter to the Aux or a patch cord.

What kind of adapter are you talking about? The only inputs are the USB as described above which is for USB storage devices like flash drives and iPods. Auxiliary jack for a straight audio connection. Bluetooth for phone only or a third party blue tooth to audio adapter to the Aux input. There no other input on most years of CR-Z. 2016s ( a one year only oddity) had HDMI also I think. In some countries there was a CD changer input that some members here used, some dealers installed another radio from a different model in a CR-Z or you can rip the whole radio out , replace it and then your options are limitless but to a stock radio you are limited.

There are some adapters that will work in the CR-Z without needing the aux port

·
Registered
227 Posts
The only other option I know of is RF with a Bluetooth to FM transmitter. I did initially try one of these that I used in another car but it was too weak to fully overcome even low-power broadcast stations so I switched to the aux cable.
An FM transmitter might work if you have any truly clear channels without broadcast stations on them, but around here every frequency has activity.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
I used FM transmitters for other purposes in other cars and they suck. There is so much interference as to make everything sound horrible. I would rather carry CDs at that point.

I get interference on strong local FM stations when I want to listen to the radio and do not get me started about the poor AM reception we have. I suspect the radio is picking up noise from the IMA system.

For best sound: First choice is direct cable to Aux , Second is Blue Tooth to Aux, Third is replace radio.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Many years ago they were better but the FCC cracked down on how much power they can put out so now they do suck. Also the sound quality will only be as good as the FM demodulator in the radio plus the modulator in the transmitter. A direct aux connection sounds much better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not for Blue tooth on a non Nav radio that I have seen. Non Nav radios use blue tooth for phone only not audio. For audio you need an adapter to the Aux or a patch cord.

What kind of adapter are you talking about? The only inputs are the USB as described above which is for USB storage devices like flash drives and iPods. Auxiliary jack for a straight audio connection. Bluetooth for phone only or a third party blue tooth to audio adapter to the Aux input. There no other input on most years of CR-Z. 2016s ( a one year only oddity) had HDMI also I think. In some countries there was a CD changer input that some members here used, some dealers installed another radio from a different model in a CR-Z or you can rip the whole radio out , replace it and then your options are limitless but to a stock radio you are limited.
My base model 2012 is currently using a USB bluetooth adapter to stream music from my phone without using an aux patch cable. There are a few adapters out there that essentially trick the radio into seeing them as a thumbdrive. I linked the one I use in my previous post, I can make a video later on this week as well

·
Registered
26 Posts
My base model 2012 is currently using a USB bluetooth adapter to stream music from my phone without using an aux patch cable. There are a few adapters out there that essentially trick the radio into seeing them as a thumbdrive. I linked the one I use in my previous post, I can make a video later on this week as well

The one you posted in previous post is using (Aux in) with 3.5mm Cable.. can you use it without and it wil use it as "thumbdrive" without 3.5 aux cable?

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
The one I posted just plugs into the Aux jack and is fully wireless and easy to use on the front of the radio. I am glad there are so many solutions. I just did not understand this device or had seen it. I missed your original posting hence the follow up you posted made no sense.

It appears what you posted is also fully wireless but uses the USB jack not sure if either option is better. If both connect to your phone wirelessly over blue tooth and it works with both the radio and the phone then it is good for the purpose. For some like me who have either a thumb drive or an iPod already in the usb port then one of the other solutions might make more sense like a low cost patch cable or any of the many Aux jack blue tooth devices.

Thank you for correcting me.

There is a huge thread here with compatibility of certain Pixel phones and the bluetooth audio that some of the higher model CR-Zs had. Hopefully these devices have better compatibility.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The one you posted in previous post is using (Aux in) with 3.5mm Cable.. can you use it without and it wil use it as "thumbdrive" without 3.5 aux cable?
Yes, you can. In the reviews you'll see people found it working with 2010-2013ish Chevy radios with USB ports without the aux cable, which is what made me decide to try it. It has a few quirks but I haven't played with it enough yet to see if they can be worked out, and if you only care about using it to listen to music it's not a big deal

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, you can. In the reviews you'll see people found it working with 2010-2013ish Chevy radios with USB ports without the aux cable, which is what made me decide to try it. It has a few quirks but I haven't played with it enough yet to see if they can be worked out, and if you only care about using it to listen to music it's not a big deal
Yes I am just looking to listen to music via phone and Spotify app..
you know what is the unique option that I should look for.
* if i just want to look for other type..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I am just looking to listen to music via phone and Spotify app..
you know what is the unique option that I should look for.
* if i just want to look for other type..
Sorry I don't know what to call the specific function, but you might have luck searching for Yet-M1 as that appears to be it's true ID, could be other adapters share the same hardware/ID?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry I don't know what to call the specific function, but you might have luck searching for Yet-M1 as that appears to be it's true ID, could be other adapters share the same hardware/ID?
OK. thanks..
you have this and it works without the AUX cable?
just the device attach to the car USB input? and then you choose the USB/AUX ?
if yes, its enough for me :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, exactly. I would say to ensure the bluetooth adapter isnt set to be used for phone calls in your phone settings as well, as I don't think it will work well for that, otherwise it's awesome for adding bluetooth without running an aux cable, mine's tucked in the little cubby with nothing visible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, exactly. I would say to ensure the bluetooth adapter isnt set to be used for phone calls in your phone settings as well, as I don't think it will work well for that, otherwise it's awesome for adding bluetooth without running an aux cable, mine's tucked in the little cubby with nothing visible.
do you think they are the same?
* the one you posted from Amazon + shipment to Israel will cost 27$

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I already ordered one, but the seller mistakenly sent something else- so i am still waiting for the replacement.
I wanted to ask if the sound qulity through this bluetooth adapter is the same like hearing music from disk on key or cd ?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts