And way more than that.
  • Instant spotify whenever I turn the key, without taking out the phone
  • Google navi
View attachment 61138
- Parking camera
View attachment 61139
- TPMS
View attachment 61140
  • Handsfree voice calls (you can even answer calls on messenger)
  • Steering wheel controls (bonus fact - you can answer phone calls with previous track button if you don't have dedicated handsfree buttons on your steering wheel)
  • Advanced equalizer with tons of settings (usually in better units only)
  • 3G connection if you insert the SIM card or wifi from your phone's hotspot
  • There are also dash cams that connects to the head unit with USB (I'm gonna get one soon) which you can control from your touch screen, browse records and they even have lane assist system with various settings
My god that's stunning. What head unit is that? UK compatability?

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z GT
7 Posts
That's exactly what I thought. Its a Chinese unit, I found it on AliExpress, both for RHD and LHD.
Looks like an essential for RHD, might need the name of it... for research purposes

And way more than that.
  • Instant spotify whenever I turn the key, without taking out the phone
  • Google navi
View attachment 61138
- Parking camera
View attachment 61139
- TPMS
View attachment 61140
  • Handsfree voice calls (you can even answer calls on messenger)
  • Steering wheel controls (bonus fact - you can answer phone calls with previous track button if you don't have dedicated handsfree buttons on your steering wheel)
  • Advanced equalizer with tons of settings (usually in better units only)
  • 3G connection if you insert the SIM card or wifi from your phone's hotspot
  • There are also dash cams that connects to the head unit with USB (I'm gonna get one soon) which you can control from your touch screen, browse records and they even have lane assist system with various settings
Also how do you get the PSI of each tyre? I'm very invested in this head unit now hahah

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
The part (valve stem) you put the air into on US models ( and maybe others) the "stem" is bolted into the rim hole and contains the sealed "AKA Potted" sensor which monitors the air pressure in the tires and puts up a yellow alert on the MID when it is low. This is wireless and when the batteries fail in the sensors the senors have to be replaced. US required pressure monitors after the Ford Explorer incident. Not sure what other Domestic markets require them. It is a simple system and does not tell you which wheel is low just that one ( or more is) when the sensor activates your traction control is disabled and I think also your drive mode. Other systems put the sensor on a band inside the rim and yet others ( some GM cars and 2016 CR-Zs) use the anti lock brakes to monitor how the wheels spin and by monitoring that system ( I have not read enough to understand it) it can tell which specific wheel has the low pressure and tell you which wheel.

This head unit you are drooling over monitors the tire pressure.

There are other TPMS that use a special Tire Valve Cap. Some of these can monitor not only the vehicle's wheels but also the trailer's wheels and or the spare(s).

Stem? Please explain, I’m still learning about the CRZ every day

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z GT
7 Posts
* googles the Ford Explorer incident and tpms valves on ebay*

Thanks Spdbump, I’ve found something to keep my busy today

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
It is quite the rabbit hole you can fall down. Over the last year I have seen all kinds of stand alone Tire Pressure Monitoring systems. In the US due to the mentioned Ford Explorer roll over accidents due to owners not checking tire pressures we now have these systems required by the Government. I am not sure what other areas mandated these systems.

My personal solution is I check my tire pressures cold every 2 weeks on Saturday and adjust as needed using a Harbor Freight AC powered compressor . I started doing this when I realized the CR-Zs supplied compressor was a weak design and I already had to have it replaced when the cord fell off of it. ( 2013 CR-Zs have no spare they have the compressor with flat sealant built in). The one time the TPMS light came on I discovered you had to check all 4 wheels and the pressure was at 20 then I had to fight with the car's compressor. This is the root of my every 2 week checks.

I also have a 12 volt power socket style Harbor Freight compressor I inherited. It lives in my passenger side rear seat bin with my LI-ION jump starter, strobe disks and Grime Boss Surface and hand wipes. There is other emergency gear stored all over The Speed Bump. If anyone is curious, I will write a separate thread for that. It is not appropriate for an ICE thread.

* googles the Ford Explorer incident and tpms valves on ebay*

Thanks Spdbump, I’ve found something to keep my busy today

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
53 Posts
My god that's stunning. What head unit is that? UK compatability?
Looks like an essential for RHD, might need the name of it... for research purposes

Also how do you get the PSI of each tyre? I'm very invested in this head unit now hahah
I mentioned it already few times, it's this unit:

They also have RHD versions.

TPMS system can be also found on aliexpress, it's a kit of 4 internal sensors or external sensors and a device that connects to the head unit with USB.
This is the kit that I've bought:

All you have to do is to install sensors in your wheels, connect the device and download and install app.

There are more accessories that can be connected to the unit with USB, like DVR camera, which can be controlled from the head unit, you can browse recorded videos, set up options, watch videos etc.

Parking sensors that works with the built-in app that shows the image from the reversing camera, like this:

OBD plugs, either bluetooth or USB, allows you to use torque and display some additional informations.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts