Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Car looking amazing as ever.
Was it the one step or two step Meguiar's you used? Thinking mine are needing to be done soon.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
OK big update today.

So the car is finally back from Motion Motorsport (the second time now) and had the folowing changes made:

• HKS 7040 Supercharger using a 6 rib belt now (bigger than the old 4015 unit)
  • Centre silencer added to exhaust (was way too loud before)
  • 550cc injectors
  • A few misc issues such as belt slip, inaccurate gauage etc

So I'm pleased to say the car is back! And wow what a difference! The car made 215BHP & 179lb/ft on the dyno without IMA assist. You can approx add 10BHP & 15lb/ft peak to that figure with the IMA Assist on. So we are now looking at a 225BHP/195lb/ft car, ooofffft.

The car is more OEM+ in feel with the new exhaust centre silencer, alot of the drone is gone now and the car is pleasent to drive "normally". Open it up of course and you have plenty of classic honda engine sound with a new dose of SC noises. The new charger gives it more of a boosted feeling compared to the smaller one. Still linear but with more pronouced induction and blow off sounds. I'll get a driving video uploaded once the weather has improved.

I'm pleased with the car but still at a loss of how HKS can advertise these kits as 200BHP and even up to 250-300BHP, as there is simply nothing more we can do to the CRZ outside of meth injection or race fuel to geenerate those figures, which personally I am not interested in.

Next on the list is to get the bodywork sorted, as there as blemishes and marks and just alittle dullness, which is to be expected of a 10 year old car, that I would like to rectify. Other than that, maybe new seats? I'll have to sit ina few first of course COVID 19 rules permitting.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK big update today.

So the car is finally back from Motion Motorsport (the second time now) and had the folowing changes made:

• HKS 7040 Supercharger using a 6 rib belt now (bigger than the old 4015 unit)
  • Centre silencer added to exhaust (was way too loud before)
  • 550cc injectors
  • A few misc issues such as belt slip, inaccurate gauage etc

So I'm pleased to say the car is back! And wow what a difference! The car made 215BHP & 179lb/ft on the dyno without IMA assist. You can approx add 10BHP & 15lb/ft peak to that figure with the IMA Assist on. So we are now looking at a 225BHP/195lb/ft car, ooofffft.

The car is more OEM+ in feel with the new exhaust centre silencer, alot of the drone is gone now and the car is pleasent to drive "normally". Open it up of course and you have plenty of classic honda engine sound with a new dose of SC noises. The new charger gives it more of a boosted feeling compared to the smaller one. Still linear but with more pronouced induction and blow off sounds. I'll get a driving video uploaded once the weather has improved.

I'm pleased with the car but still at a loss of how HKS can advertise these kits as 200BHP and even up to 250-300BHP, as there is simply nothing more we can do to the CRZ outside of meth injection or race fuel to geenerate those figures, which personally I am not interested in.

Next on the list is to get the bodywork sorted, as there as blemishes and marks and just alittle dullness, which is to be expected of a 10 year old car, that I would like to rectify. Other than that, maybe new seats? I'll have to sit ina few first of course COVID 19 rules permitting.

Enjoy.

This is looking awesome, would love to test drive this a see what the difference is to mine.

·
Premium Member
6,149 Posts
Looking good! I was just curious; what engine, A/C, etc. pulleys did you get to convert to 6-rib belt? I know my HPD supercharger has 6-rib, but those parts came with the HPD kit. Glad to see it's up and running and looking clean.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
This is looking awesome, would love to test drive this a see what the difference is to mine.
Oh definitely, It would depend which HKS charger you have and what supporting mods are there.

I believe HKS very much overate their SC kits as most CRZ's in the UK are around 170-180BHP with the fuel up kit.

My tuning history so far is:

• 4015 kit - fuel up and biggest 34mm air restrictor = 160bhp
  • 4015 kit forged engine, no cats, no air restrictor = 181bhp
  • 7040 kit forged engine, no cats, no air restrictor = 215bhp

This is all without IMA of course so add 10bhp/15lb/ft to the peak.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Looking good! I was just curious; what engine, A/C, etc. pulleys did you get to convert to 6-rib belt? I know my HPD supercharger has 6-rib, but those parts came with the HPD kit. Glad to see it's up and running and looking clean.
We were getting awful belt slip with the standard HKS 4 rib set up so the shop custom machine a 6 rib pulley. Fixed the issue for us!

Thanks for the kind comments.

·
Registered
'11 Storm Silver Honda CR-Z GT Top 6 Speed.
6 Posts
Hey lovely ride , i want to give the same look on mine , where can i find the Mugen Kit ? went to the official website but can't find anything to buy the kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey lovely ride , i want to give the same look on mine , where can i find the Mugen Kit ? went to the official website but can't find anything to buy the kit.
Mugen Euro - This is the European distribution arm for Mugen. I feel like they have been winding down over the years as originally they had a Facebook account which has now disappeared.

All distributors are based in the UK but I'm guessing it would be easier to deal with them to get the parts shipped than trying to import from Japan.

Last time I checked ( a few weeks ago) they had all of the ZF2 kit I was looking for apart from the side skirts which were on back order until June but still available for order. No coloured parts left just unpainted but that doesn't matter as painted body kits are a waste of time unless the car is brand new.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts