Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
just for reference, this is what my dyno looks like with the electrics working, NA vs SC

granted dynos vary, but that should be an offset. Ours are very different shapes. With the IMA and SC the torque is very flat, varies less than 20 lb-ft from 1500 to redline. Yours looks like you are missing 100 lb-ft down at the bottom (where the IMA should be adding that much) but ends up in about the same place up top.

I'm guessing the shop did that to eliminate the IMA variance from the testing. Just sayin' your car is probably already a lot stronger than you think 😃

There is no radical difference between the stock manifold and the GE8. My shop measured runner length and diameter when they did my cam swap and couldn't find any difference. Does look better imo, but probably not your restriction.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So I visited the shop yesterday to drop off the clutch & collect my old Rota wheels & brakes.

A few pics of the car with the Spoon bits installed & the Mugen GP wheels. Oooosh, lovely.

Rear calipers have been painted black as the original finish was looking rough.

Custom mid-pipe & primary de-cat are in now. We are just awaiting the HKS Forged rods + pistons & headgasket and then the engine build can begin!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Doing a little more reading it’s looking like the HKS GTS4015HP blower may not be the best fit. As it is designed for response vs big power.

According to HKS the max recommended impeller speed is 110k rpm.

The standard pulley is 100mm which produces a 98k rpm and 0.7 bar boost.

The smallest pulley size you can use is 90mm which produces 109k rpm and 0.98 bar boost.

The HKS GTS4015HP can flow 100-150bhp according to HKS. 100bhp no doubt being with the 100mm pulley and no air restrictors present.

My guess would be a 125bhp max flow with the 90mm pulley and 0.98 bar of boost.

This should make 250bhp flywheel achievable. Maybe more if other gains are made elsewhere in the drive train.

Im intrigued tbh.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts